British Weapon Systems - Technical data and discussion

Not DL but IOG. And they are laser guided. The IOG guides them to the last known postion of the laser, and the seeker keeps looking for for the laser. When you activate the laser near its last seen position the seeker will reaquire it, turn off IOG and return to tracking. No DL takes place.
(Rant) AGM-114K should aslo be able to do it, but when the laser is turned off, IOG does not guide the missile to the last known laser position, but makes it go straight, so when missile is climbing and you turn the laser off, instead of going to the last known laser position, it will keep climbing, when the missile was in level flight it will keep it etc.
(yes i had to put the rant here, im annoyed)

4 Likes

yep the state of Hellfires in the game is just complete shite

3 Likes

Yeah, my interest is more like, flying over a battlefield in SB and dropping half a dozen Paveways onto half a dozen different targets in a single pass.

Real life.

WT
markup_1000002196

3 Likes

You get a source for that? IF SO WE NEED TO REPORT IT

1 Like

The top down lofting? Yeah hang on.

This is where I found the top pic
I’m 99% sure an AGM-65 version did something like this.

1 Like

Oh that topic, i forgot it existed

I definetly remember it not lofting iirc. Meaning unless it was dropped from height, it had greatly reduced range

This is how it works currently.

Yea, the loft got passed
https://community.gaijin.net/issues/p/warthunder/i/9H3sqKtnfsji
NOW WHERE ARE THE IOG DOCS?

2 Likes

So how IOG works on the R-24R and apparently the GBU-24. Any other IOG stuff in game? Not including DL in it like R-27 and AIM-54.

2 Likes

Doesnt the soviets have a bomb with it as well?

R27 and 54 also have iog. 114k, GB1000

Nope

Yep, just looked, was thinking of the TV guided ones.

That being said: JH-7A in China has 2 GB250 and GB1000 is Laser+IOG

oh yea, the smaller one also have iog

But not the GB500s

Im not well informed so i have no idea if they should have it or no.

Nor am I, just interesting that the small and large ones do, but the medium ones dont. Must be a reason for it.