Britain Air Forces

IRIS-T was introduced 2 years after Spain & Germany adopted Typhoon.
So at least with Tranche 1, there’s no reason to apply IRIS-T when you can just added newer Typhoons for a different BR arrangement.
Same goes for Britain to be honest as they acquired different variants as well.

1 Like

Pythons and ASRAAM would be the most versatile IR missiles in the game if they ever come. P5 looks cooler tho :)

ASRAAM entered service before Typhoon for Britain. So Britain’s first production aircraft, I’d expect ASRAAM to at least be considered (depends on timings). If Typhoon F2 with ASRAAM is added, then German Typhoons should have IRIS-T instead.

Im expecting first Typhoons, especially the DA2 to have Aim-9M, and that goes for all 3, but Aim-9 was retired from normal operation for the Typhoon when ASRAAM and IRIS-T was fitted. Though all 3 are desgined to be inter-compatable I beleive

Yep, Its gunna be a few years at least. but PIRATE + ASRAAM is going to be fun…

1 Like

DERBY + P5 uuooo

Python 5 is comparible to later ASRAAM variants right?

Probably. It’s one of the best if not the best “short range” missile rn

One of the most modern if im not mistaken as well. (P5 that is)

Yeah it’s fairly new

I guess Python 5 close to AIM-9X Block II, R-74, PL-10 and MICA IR but better ASRAAM

I might hope gaijin consider AIM-9L/i on EU fighter aircraft

If Li is superior as people say to M’s seeker, then I don’t care.
I only care if it’s inferior.
Asking for inferior missiles or missiles that would make the platform 13.3< in BR isn’t something I want.
Which is why for example when I talk about F-15J, I only want AAM-5 [first one] if it’s equivalent to R-73 or 9M seeker, otherwise I don’t want it cause it’d cause an unnecessary BR increase.

It’s also why I’m adamant on 9Ms for these options for Britain over ASRAAM or IRIS-T, as I know for a fact IRIS-T would cause highest BRs, and am concerned ASRAAM would as well unless there’s one equivalent to the R-73 seeker.

AIM-9X Block II is worse than late ASRAAM. I’d even say that AIM-9X is the worst or 2nd worst modern IR missile (just after R-74)

I’d like unchirped 9Ls for the current Tornado. Would slightly make up for the randomly worse engines on the GR.1 and help distinguish the F.3 from the Italian ADV which, as far as I’m aware, never even had SuperTEMPs in real life, much less the BOL rails. Feel free to prove me wrong on that last part

1 Like

It would be the same in game. Irl it was better against russian flares

From what I understand, for the most part no difference, maybe a slightly better IRCCM and it wouldnt have smokeless motor. So overall the same performance. It would just be more historically accurate for a number of airframes. Like F4F-ICE and later German Tornados

I beleive you are right about this. Im guessing it was just easier to C&P the F3 and to not worry about balance without those.

Yeah, Smin hard denied dechirped 9Ls and 9Ms. most likely because they’d be an unfair advantage for the Britain. Even though the extra lock range is of debatable use.

Tornado Gr1 should get BOL though, which would make up for that, especially if we are no where near CM overhaul to add the missing 1200 chaff to all Tornado IDS. That would mean Gr1 would have 376 CMs vs their 56 for now

3 Likes

99% of what would happen would be players locking and thinking they could launch only for the missile to fizz out 5 miles before the target. The main utility would come from being able to lock targets with lower heat signatures at a longer range, such as pesky F-5s. I really don’t think it would be earth-shattering, but if they’ve been denied for now then it is what it is. BOL for the GR.1 is something I’m dying for, might even let you skip the rather useless BOZ pods, though I doubt it’s a huge performance loss to carry them.

1 Like

yeah, most probably would. But does line up nicely with the overall A2A strategy you have to employ in the F3.

So hopefully sooner rather than later, providing they dont drag their feet on it.

Its a tough call, depends on how much drag they account for. They may also not add them until Chaff count is also added so its a relatively speaking, a smaller buff.

Though I do fear Tornados getting BR increase, especially the Gr1 that already has the PGMs as well. I think the IDSs may end up at 11.7 when finished, but certainly need more than just 2 BOL rails. we’d need our full kit.

All this talk of a top tier, and I would trade it all for a Gr1 that was 100% finished

The PGMs kinda suck and are super gimped but that’s besides the point. I’ll give a small shoutout to the amount of work community members have put into getting more info about the Tornados - I remember how they behaved on release…

1 Like

Oh god yeah, they werent even close to what they are like now. I remember wing ripping instantly if you tried to turn.

But yeah, PGMs are totally meh and i’ve never used them. Been meaning to now that we have better controls for swapping straight to the TIALD pod. In SB I had terrible issues I think because you had to cycle through the TV sight. But without a decent T-Pod their true usefullness is limited