BAe Harrier II (UK versions) - Technical data and discussion

The incorrect clock in the Gr7 HUD got fixed after a month. The incorrect deployment of 540s hasn’t been fixed after 14 months. It is pretty clear where their priorities lie

Priority of a clock being right over more 540lb bombs? What’s your point here? No bug/suggestion has a SLA, they get done when they’re done.

Some stuff is scooped up right away as its submitted, some stuff a couple months down the line, and some stuff after years. There is no deliberate ignoring of reports.

Just feels like it. As always other nations seem to get even massive bug reports fixed within a matter of weeks, but Britain… A year+ is the average

1 Like

Top of my head some stuff that’s coming for loadouts for Britain based on reports that are small additions just like the 540lb bombs are;

NVG for Harrier GR3
and Mk.82 Snakeyes for Tornado GR.1

So these little things aren’t ignored, they will happen.

But I doubt we’ll ever see BOL for the Gr1 and I wonder if we will ever actually see a finished Gr1.

They could fill 3 major updates with bug fixes for Britain alone.

Already WIP on the BOL as well.

They are actually adding it? Damn, surprised they didn’t turn around and go “not adding it, it would be unfair” so I guess it’s coming to all Tornados

Or mission to make the GR.1 the best Tonka in the game gets one step closer to completion…

1 Like

The report is just for GR.1, BOL on German/Italian IDS marks isn’t something I’m aware of. On other non-RAF Tornado’s in general I’m only aware off the top of my head that the Italian ADV had BOL and that is just because they leased it from the RAF.

So the GR1 alone might be getting this buff… Combined with the PGMs im waiting for the penny to drop and its BR to go up then…

I have also nudged the 540lb bomb report.

Thank you.

I just use that bug report as a benchmark. If they wont fix something so minor as 540s (that are already on the aircraft) missing from several pylons. Then how can we ever expect:

• Starstreaks to be usable
  • FRS1 and F3 cockpits HUDs to be added
  • Gr7 MAWS
  • Tornado FM to be finished
  • Tornado Gr1 to get any of its massive missing features
  • CR2 bugs to be addressed
  • Red tops and SRAAM to be usable
  • etc etc

The list for Britain seems to get longer, never shorter.

2 Likes

Replace Britain with literally any nation. We’re not special in anyway when it comes to bugs pilling up. Speak to any “main” of any nation and you get the same response.

But we’re dragging this off topic now anyway.

3 Likes

Sad german Puma noises but i am happy at long last the gepard1a2 at least got fixed, now it only needs its FAPDS ammo

I suspect they’ll wait until the Christmas to add it IIRC no other vehicle uses it so its a new ammunition behaviour for them. Gripen uses it on the 27mm mauser so it should probably be implemented soon after that?

I finally found evidence that the Harrier stores system does accept six Sidewinders. @Gunjob’s now put a report in.

14 Likes

So 6 aim9 huh? Does the 3dr pair come with bol or no? If no and this is implemented it will be another weapons selector moment.

1 Like

Which Harrier is that for Gr7 or Gr9?

Also what is this funny ECM button? I wonder what it does

1 Like

The GR.5, 7 & 9

1 Like