Britain Air Forces

Nah least I can be morally superior whilst I die, I had a J-37 chase me for the entire match last game, I didn’t even bring the gunpod so I could just bomb and leave, ended up getting him stalled out with a 9D though. I hate people like that I always leave planes that I know are rubbish to the end.

No the copeium tells me other wise

I seeee, i seeee a pre-production EFT because the community REALLY wants it and UK is totally hamstrung by Gaijin and not a criminal lack of funding… uhmmmmmm

you mean SAAF gripen

well my palm reading said EFT!

‘E…A…P, the ball says this shall be your saviour’.

Me: F-16AJ
Gaijin: B-but no 4th gen for Japan, plus F-2 is an F-16 derivative
Me: Eurofighter is an EAP derivative, no 4th gen fighter for UK gimme…

I swear to god I hope this insiders development book gives me something to work with.

If we get a Tornado in December I will be so unexplainably dissapointed.

They could’ve given us F-14K in the exact way Japan got the AJ, they chose not to. They also chose that labelled mockups do not count as intent.

I’m sure Italy will be equally as mad when their Eurofighter doesn’t get Brimstone, because AFAIK it only exists for them in mock-up form next to their show Eurofighter.

Can’t really disagree with you there. You know the BS stunt with the QE carriers and CATOBAR was 1 Billion pounds wasted.

1 Like

F-16AJ has already been slated for removal once the F-2 or other comparable 4th gens are added. Tornado is a 4th gen, unfortunately this is the best the UK has until 4.5s start running around. EAP is an unnecessary test model, yes it mounted show weapons, but it is not a feasible or practical addition.

UK will get what it can, when it should. As always, i advise grinding another (multiple) Tech Tree(s).

1 Like

Its Third Gen

Yeah, no. If a nation is so badly neglected that the only advice is “dont play it, play something else” then something is deeply wrong. If the US or USSR went a single update without a new addition, there would be a full blown riot. UK goes without anything playable in over a year and its “shut up and go play something else”

Its total BS. We have multiple native additions that would be balanced but Gaijin wont add them in a state that would actually be balanced.

5 Likes

I didn’t see that, I just saw them say it was a necessary addition (it was) to plug a gap in the TT, based on a vehicle Japan evaluated and developed an aircraft from. Still it’s good they’ve slated it for removal, but they also slated the R2Y2’s.

I know, its just a shitty one, good at what it was intended to do (Aerodynamically stable bombing missions), but shit at everything else it was forced into.

Its a test model, but come on, nothing between the Phantom and Eurofighter, I mean really, they bend rules for many other minor (and even major) nations. I definitely believe that the lack of a fighter, is equivalent to the lack of a 4th generation aircraft. Plus it had design consolidations made to carry armament.

I didn’t just grind the UK, I also have Germany and up to the Mirage 3 in France, I just want to be able to grind my nation, without fighting through utter shit. I could accept the lack of top tiers, if they made the rest of the tree good.

Still I am waiting for this book, and maybe something that will help my EAP proposal will arise.

I think it may technically be classed as a 4th gen, but its so bad it might as well be 3rd gen. But then Gaijin would just point to the Harrier.

I think the early one’s might actually fit the definition of 3rd generation more than 4th generation. Maybe they need a 3+ generation. (E.g most are not multirole, carrying short range self-defense ir’s does not make something multirole).

Either that or a differentiation between early 4th gens, mid range and 4.5ths.

Or even better, Gaijin could recognise that having no fighter at top tier, is a genuine issue, and I dunno, plug that gap.

What is deeply wrong is irl UK, Gaijin isnt manipulating reality to bend the whole game for the UK mains benefit.

The game has 10 tech trees for a reason, go enjoy the diversity of equipment. USA/USSR were the majority developers of arms in the 20th century, cope with reality.

1 Like

irl the challenger is one of the best tank in the world you are not being helpful and trying to start stuff

so what your saying is because gaijin isnt willing to bend reality for one faction but is for another we should go play that one instead. Thanks.

Anyway lets get back to talking about How annoyed were all gonna be for the next 4 years when all we have is a Tornado with AMRAAM A/B and nothing else while everyone is using R-77-1 & AMRAAM-C-5

2 Likes

Excuse me?

CR2

Is completely inaccurate

(Not too mention the fact we still have no usable IFVs or Light tanks at most BRs and huge SPAA gaps)

Stormer HVM (or more accurately Starstreaks) are so badly modeled that missiles phase through targets 90% of the time

HMS Hood, IRL had some of the most accurate guns IRL. In game, has one of the worst.

Tornado Gr1. Is missing 1200 CM count, ECM, most of its A2G loadout, its ground radar. Even its FM is placeholder.

we are still missing Sea Harrier FA2 with Aim-9M and AMRAAM (should have come September). Tornado F3 Could have Aim-120C5s and ASRAAM

Harrier Gr7 is missing MAWS (which was added laste update to the F-111)

Tornado Gr4 or Harrier Gr9A could have come anytime this year and been ideal 12.0+ CAS jets

Phantoms and Jaguars only used Aim-9L. Not Aim-9Gs. Not too mention later aircraft like the Jaguar Gr3A with ASRAAM

Even the Buc could have Aim-9Ls.

Even older tech. Red tops and SRAAM are misisng half their respective ranges, all aspect and are currently buggy as hell. They rarely hit a target

Gaijin has delibrately nerfed every single British vehicle in the game. None of them are properly modeled. It took 9 months of fighting just to get IFF on the FRS1.

List of aircraft that are missing from our TT:

More in the comments, need to update it with latest suggestions

7 Likes

I agree, but they manipulate the game for other nations benefits hence the UK cope (when will it be our turn). AJ, Yak-141, Kronshtadt, Hesh nerf, Hunter F.58, a subsonic… for update supersonic.

List goes on and on, yes there are certain advantages we have enjoyed, for instance the first pulse doppler radar. But I struggle to think of more.

My point is, Gaijin bends rules all the time, but Russia didn’t need Kronshtadt, Royal Sovereign existed, the UK has a version (several) of the Hunter F.58, but we ain’t got it, the UK definitely has supersonics but didn’t get them, Hesh is still nerfed because it did what it was meant to, Yak-141 wasn’t even needed.

AJ was necessary though, but I wish they would make similar exceptions for the UK. F-14K, EAP and so-forth would all be rule bending additions that could give us something to work with until we tick over.

6 Likes

oh yeah speaking of phantoms gaijin also intentionally gave the german f4f a wrong missile, it never used aim9j irl they don’t care about germany so…

1 Like

“Between 1980 and 1983, the F-4Fs regained the ability to fire AIM-7s and use guided weaponry. In addition, it could launch AIM-9L Sidewinders and the electronics were improved”,
so we’re talking about realism huh? give us the AIM-9L then! our situation isn’t as desperate as the UK tree but there’s a reason why people are yelling “Germany suffers”. now Mr. US main could you stop speaking condescendingly in your privileged a*s

CR2 is FAR from the only vehicle impacted by the lack of regenerative steering, Gaijin has already said its in the works.

HMS Hood much like every other ship in game has wildly inaccurate guns, big ship naval game play is very hard to balance and Gaijin has chosen shell RNG.

Tornado is not missing 1200 CMs, that is misleading, the Tornado is missing a split between chaff and flares, it is carrying the appropriate amount of CMs as Gaijin dictates, the CM charge only counts if it fits both types.

No aircraft have ECM

its A2G load-out is a-historical or at least highly improbable, the addition of LGBs to the wing pylons as well as the PGM500/1000 was made by single picture evidence with no NATOPS source. Flimsy balance decision that it is, I agree with it.

AMRAAM/ASRAAM is not in the game, how is this an argument, Gaijin balances by missile load out, stop being childish.

Muh AIM-9G, xDDDD

Bucc at 10.3 when?

SRAAM was is an example of Gaijin bending the rules to favor UK with a unique missile on a then relevant airframe.

Red Top only had full aspect due to surface friction heating on very fast targets, and only at very limited range. ANOTHER thing Gaijin has said they will try to mimic.

UK suffers because of a lethargic MOD, Gaijin is not responsible for the UK voters penchant for thinking a plucky attitude is enough to win Or a heinous reliance on the USA for defense

2 Likes