Bring back the old Forum

Only twisted minds could create this thing, like almost everything else in the game.

And regarding the economy changes, I earned 13000 SL in a battle, with premium account, but I had to spend 24000 SL in repairs… where is the changes benefit ??

I do not care about what went down behind the scenes with Gaijin and steam.

Gaijin only moved because:

1. it was a bad business practice
  2. the initial economy changes hurt the silent majority of players that never visit the forums.

Tell me, how does this new updated forum hurt the future revenues of War Thunder as a whole?
Tell me, how is a few hundred forum warriors like yourself is going to generate a kind of response such as the economy incident?

The mass majority of players do not care about the forum, nor do they care about a conversation you personally had in 2015 about some tank finally being erased.

No, you are absolutely crying right now. I can see the mascara running down your face from here.
Yes, the company relies on customers. DUH. That is true. But the few hundred forum warriors are not even 5% of their quarterly sales.

I am sorry, threatening GJ with another review bomb/boycott is not going to work in this case. Fall in line or kick rocks my boy.

Your just doing this to start arguments and to gain forum points. If you reach level 3 then god help anyone who comes across you.

5 Likes

Well actually I do help preserve history on the side, restoring one of the oldest B-17s in existence is quite difficult but also quite rewarding work. I’ve also dabbled in some warship preservation.

As for the rest, well it’s quite inconvenient that everything has to be brought back by us the forum users instead of Gaijin just porting everything so we can pick up where we left off. Frankly, the rest of the forum changes are for the most part fine, a tad disorganized granted, but I suppose there is potential. It would also be quite nice if Gaijin could leave the old forum up on read mode for more than two years.

1 Like

Umm ok…

Good luck on your boycott and review bomb.

LMFAO

Tell me when did i review bomb ?

Since you’re so good at finding other people’s post ?

Yes, but we have every opportunity to provide feedback right now and shape the forum to the community’s liking. It’s a brand-new era.

Lets bring all relevant articles and data over.

I would even gladly help.
You sound like a reasonable individual. Lets at least give it a try before quitting the game forever.

And plus if it wasn’t for the review bombing we wouldn’t have this great road map with great changes and little future update teases.

This is pretty awful.

All the work people did, the info they gathered on vehicles and other info is just gone.

1 Like

100% agree, everything in new forum is worse, need to return old forum and maybe use this after this one is ready

1 Like

I think its worth just ignoring Ziggy at this point, as they are either a troll, contrarian or shill, as no sane and rational person would spend over 7 hours arguing something online, i have literally showered, gone to sleep and got up to go to work and they are still going. If there is a case study to go touch grass you have literally seen one here…

14 Likes

Regarding Steam: Since the last update the recent reviews were simply turned off, you have to go in the settings to turn them on.

Just in case my picture doesn’t appear:
Yesterday we were still around 105 000 negative reviews and today we are now at 92711.
The peak was around 125 000 so for now, many were enough satisfied to change their review.

1 Like

Bud that change was literally the 30 day window rolling over one day, when tommorrow comes it will drop another 21 thosand as the recent reviews only shows the last 30 days and we are now at around the time the most reviews were being left.

if you hover over the actual review bars it still comes to around 126k negative for the last month or so

More cumbersome. More clicks, more difficult than previous version.

And yes I tried to do a search to help me with controls but NO

As the new chat messages are all messed up.

The way it displays info is what is throwing me, i woke up and came back to this thread after leaving it open and i ligit took a momment to work out where i left off due to the lack of pages and the fact every one of Ziggy’s posts was the same condesending replys

When I read a post, it does not unbold, so I don’t know which threads I have read.

The change to the new forum I’m not too bothered with and once you have a good play around its actually quite decent.

What I dont like is that a decade of content has been left behind and there is no intention to bring it across.

Hints and tips, userguides, discussion about how to tackle various BP tasks, vehicle research and so forth.

A LOT of time and effort has gone into putting all that together. To leave it all behind, when I’m sure they could have figured out a way to migrate it if they wanted to, is inexcusable.

1 Like

A ton of guides were kinda outdated tho… but, members can go and copy/paste relevant topics/guides or just start from scratch