Bring back the old Forum

More cumbersome. More clicks, more difficult than previous version.

And yes I tried to do a search to help me with controls but NO

As the new chat messages are all messed up.

The way it displays info is what is throwing me, i woke up and came back to this thread after leaving it open and i ligit took a momment to work out where i left off due to the lack of pages and the fact every one of Ziggy’s posts was the same condesending replys

When I read a post, it does not unbold, so I don’t know which threads I have read.

The change to the new forum I’m not too bothered with and once you have a good play around its actually quite decent.

What I dont like is that a decade of content has been left behind and there is no intention to bring it across.

Hints and tips, userguides, discussion about how to tackle various BP tasks, vehicle research and so forth.

A LOT of time and effort has gone into putting all that together. To leave it all behind, when I’m sure they could have figured out a way to migrate it if they wanted to, is inexcusable.

1 Like

A ton of guides were kinda outdated tho… but, members can go and copy/paste relevant topics/guides or just start from scratch

no just delet this and give the old forum back

I’m going to be honest for a second, We will get used to the new forums. The idea of upgrading and having a new thing is a great idea, I believe this new forums will get updated over the time. Just like War thunder update New ERA when the UI was updated it was kinda a mess but it became great now. Sure I loved the old forums so much, But I don’t think we will ever get the old forums again. we just have to get used to it.

1 Like

they could have at least given us a tool which converts the formating from the good forum to this new one. The syntax for the previous one is known and the syntax for this one is known. This is primarily an issue of not caring about it.

After some short research it would appear that migrations from Invisionboard(previous forum) to discourse(this forum) have been successfully done before.
and again, even if your devs dont want to fully migrate everything, giving us a tool to easily migrate our own post would go a loong way to making this more bearable for the users.
it is entirely possible and on the devs to make it happen.

(not to mention that the new UI is much, MUCH harder to use)

1 Like

That thing is messy like hell ! Don’t like it at all.
Only positive point, I like the dark theme but evrything else was better on the old forum.

While I’m ranting, I also really, really, REALLY dislike this.

I’ve played this game since almost the very start, and have been on forum since the early days too.

I contributed more than my fair share and along the way obtained probably double the “rep” points (or whatever they were called) than I had posts. For memory I had one warning in total over all the years the forum was open.

As for the game itself, I have participated in multiple instances of CBT testing, dating right back to the first tanks, participated in the DEV server openings ahead of new patches and have spent I’m sure a lot more than I care to think about on premium account, vehicle packs…etc.

And this is what I get?

Sorry “new” user, but for the safety of our community you cant post.
Oh and you now need to do A,B,C,D over multiple days/weeks/months to be trusted and get back some basic forum functionality.

What more does someone need to do to become a “trusted” member than what I have already done?
And why couldn’t past tenure of players, their history, their forum and game participation been taken into account, rather than treating everyone as brand new players and forcing us to jump through these stupid hoops!?

/rant

1 Like

@Pacifica I just want to know why there wasn’t any advanced notice or moratorium period where both forums ran in parallel, I have no problem with Gaijin wanting to change things, but when they’re unannounced like this it’s a shock?

I lied I also want to know why I had to wait 12 hours to post this reply?

An analogy if you’ll humour me, on the old forum we were cruising along nicely at 60mph and then all of a sudden Gaijin grab the stick and force us into 1st gear, no putting on the brakes, no gradual downshift, just a sudden jerk to a near stop while you pray that the gearbox doesn’t explode.

I suppose while I’m on hold I could just keep adding,
@Ziggy1989 to keep with your police analogy, no you don’t have to be police to do what’s right, and by right I of course mean follow the rules which is a different thing, you do however have to be police to enforce those rules, and you are not the police those would be the moderators, so please stop being so self righteous and let them do their job.

Another point for @Ziggy1989 if you feel like there is nothing we can do to change the current situation then why are you here on this thread instead of enjoying the new forum like you keep telling us to, because I’ll tell you why I’m still here instead of elsewhere on the forum, that’s because there is nothing else on this forum, I joined the forum to engage in discussions and conversations about game topics, not to perform data entry for Gaijin to get this place up and running for them, do you know what would have made that transition a lot smoother? Having both forums up and active at the same time for like 6 months. Sure people would complain but faced with the facts most people would post their new topics on the new forum and large topics would migrate slowly so when the old forum freezes there would be a fully functional forum here already, instead most of the major topics can’t even be migrated fully because of this oppressive trust system, and users like me have nothing better to do than complain in the one major topic on this new forum.

@Pacifica forget bringing back the old forum, I just want Gaijin to figure out that their habit of sudden changes and a complete lack of communication will continue to aggravate the community to no one’s benefit.

6 Likes

Alright so because gaijin wont do this, i did it myself. wrote a short pythong program that fixes the spoilers. if anyone wants it, dm me.
unfortunately there are some things that aren’t easily done such as linked posts(which are gone anyways so who cares)

I did this purely to show that it can easily be done and its Gaijin’s stubbornness and unwillingness to help the playerbase. I am NOT a software developer

1 Like

I realized how much better the Communication got, as i updated the launcher today and there’s still no “news” about the new forum :-)

Well we are using it right now, your reply popped up fine and I had no problem finding the conversation.

Yah…the old stuff is gone, I will probably redo a joystick and head tracking guide…

Shhhhh!!! But so are all the bans blocks and warnings …ha ha that’s a good thing 😁

I think it will be fine and a lot of players who really love the game will join back.

Make a good topic and I am sure the conversation will start…just like it has for this one

It ain’t fourm thunder till there is a good whine 😂

Edit: I got smiley faces 🤔

@Stona_WT You’ve had an account here since October
@Pacifica You’ve had one since February

This has clearly been in the works for a while, so why did the rest of us only find out about it on release day? Because if this was the best implementation you could think of in that time you should at least explain your reasoning to us now.

14 Likes

we already explained, it has been in Development for a while now, the forum was also pushed back from going live as it is to fix bugs and or updates, the forum is as ready as it will ever be

But, it just was not our place to notify the community, that would have been up to the Developers to do so and or feel the need to do so… if it was up to us we more than likely would have done so

1 Like

Just wait until you find out that you don’t even need to play the game to post here.

1 Like

I get it, but it’s such a depressing answer to hear, the fact that the devs decided that no community involvement was needed in a community change is awful, I sympathise with you that you have to deal with the fallout of their mismanagement but it doesn’t change the fact that this was horribly mismanaged.

I only hope the devs see that every time they jerk us around like this it stirs up resentment, the longer it takes them to figure that out the more it’s going to hurt them. We aren’t asking for a lot, just the opportunity to give feedback before permanent changes are made so we don’t have to suffer a repeat of the recent economic changes.

They did the same thing to my last 3 posts already and i laughed so hard.

People like ziggy can post whatever they want and those post will stay as long as you defend this company and their bad decisions but as soon as you raise your voice for things that gaijin or his defenders doesnt like they will hide your post as fast as they can.

To me this is such a tragic way to interact with your customers especially after what they have caused.

3 Likes

Who are “They” ??

ziggy has not been immune you know… his stuff has been flagged by community as well you know…

This Witch hunt thing really needs to Stop… it is very hypocritical and very Toxic behavior… and I guess Warnings will have to be issued if it continues and that will mean time outs for certain people…

1 Like