Bombers after the update

I couldn’t love this update more. The bombers’ health feels spot on—bombers aren’t just easy targets anymore; they’re something players can confidently use.

3 Likes

I can understand changes to the bombers as it really was needed… my concern is that the assault modes do not seem to be modified as far as enemy count, etc… so now teams below 6.7 with mostly ~12.7mm or practically anything sub 30mm are not able to survive near the half-way point of waves due to the sheer number of bombers that overwhelm the group. Granted, it is not a mode that most people play, and has been in a horrible state for years, but this update surely has further impacted the mode without any consideration to new changes with bombers.

2 Likes

just aim for bomb bays, gunners, pilots

Oh man, Assault modes where already in desperate need of attention. I hope they get some love ASAP. Especially the BR “Brackets”. I was reading some comments last week about how terribly Battle Rating compressed the top bracket is.

Yeah, but there are still a lot of other previous issues/balancing problems with Assault modes. I don’t play them myself hardly ever, but I have friends who do who tell me the problems they have, and how the mode really needs work.

1 Like

its the best thing ive seen in a WHILE.
Featuring:

Tu-95M...how to describe this...

image

BV238 getting hit by a P-63 multiple times

Tu-1 nuttiness

tomorrow i intend to fly out the T18B(57) and some russian bombers

1 Like

ok the missiles are pretty… yeah, more of a missile modeling thing than the bomber really

And BV238? You know the fuselage alone is like 3 stories tall, right? You’re trying to kill a literal 100 metric tron building

T18B(57) personally went and obliterated my squadmates and I, that thing is a proper bomber hunter

2 Likes

Unfortunately many of the players below br 6.7 are usually too new to really grasp the aiming very well yet… Even at 6.7+ it is apparent, with most tanking nearly entire salvos of missiles before being destroyed, and many folks are not very good with their cannons… coupled with the insane accuracy of bomber gunners in the assault mode that will pop most jets quickly when in range so you cant even focus fire as well as maneuver in and out of the cluster before they reach their drop point…

i only flew it once but i survived a headon against an Su-8…only died cuz of hitting his dead body
https://warthunder.com/en/tournament/replay/522318557781605960

Also Ar 234.

I already got some fan mails for doing this lmao

1 Like

A b17 earlier took 5 base defense rolands until it died. I think it’s at least a little overtuned at the moment

Bombers still seem to randomly explode from single hits for some reason, but it’s nowhere as bad as it used to be. The old state of bombers was clearly the way it was just to remove them from the game, without removing them. They atomized from people blinking in their general direction.

I’ll hold off on praising Gaijin because I suspect this was just to let them swing back in the other direction and make them garbage, again. People who are “outraged” that they actually got 3 or 4 kills in a bomber need to stop and think about how ridiculous it is that someone should be upset that a flying fortress might actually shoot more than a single person down.

1 Like

Bombers feel good against gunfire and cannons. But not against missiles… Perhaps folks, this is a sign that missile modeling needs improvement instead.

I mean, we dont even have continuous rod warheads modeled, etc

1 Like

Hey my Tu-95 seems fine with missile for the first 3 or so

People need to relearn to position in the turret blind spots for their attack runs, they have gotten too used to being able to just one click them in a high speed pass before the turrets zero in on them.

That might be either fuel or that bomb detonation mechanic

2 Likes

I honestly love this buff so much! Makes the 1850GE BV238 feel more like a really big investment compared to a waste of time.

once fighter pilots start to learn to aim for engines and cockpits the bomber spam will chillax a bit too

what even triggers that bomb explosion, hits over 80kj and over 23mm?

I dunno about in bomb bays but dropped and external bombs will detonate from .50cal APIs if not smaller,

1 Like

Now my bomber is not turning into mist in the air, but rather slowly falling down by the burden of destroyed controls or engines. Its much more interesting now, as I can at least try to go to the field, but not always will be able.

This one was lucky.

image
image

This one wasn't.

image
image

P.s. Look at these HOLES that made my Tu-95M fall with lost controls.

image

3 Likes

Lore accurate WarThunder
image

Guess who won
image

2 Likes

You Can NOT shoot a bomber down point blank range with a 37 mm.

this is bull shit.

2 Likes