Bombers after the update

Bombers are ridiculous right now but please Gaijin don’t revert the change, at least not completely. The battle is still being won mostly by fighters and attackers and at least there is some fun when flying those big slow boxes.

What are your experiences with bombers after changes?

12 Likes


The enemy below. now :)

1 Like

Having a great time in bomber squads with the boys, its brought epople back to the game, but we’re not having much issue actually killing other bombers, cockpits and engines take them down quite quickly

10 Likes

Aim for engines & cockpits.

4 Likes


I had a chance to put up a fight, Im dead. but it was actually fun having a cinematic last stand

Thank you gaijin for removing the explosive bolts from our bombers

14 Likes

The British bomber are still bad lol

But I love the buff thanks great snail:)

4 Likes

my halifax burned for almost 10 mins and kept going like it was nothing.

they werent good shots that hit me but lmao

3 Likes

I think some bombers BR should be higher.

Played few games with G8N1 but, this is too much imo.

The bombers are fine now, but the buff should have been applied to all aircraft.

Edit: also people are just mad that they have to be strategic and use aircraft thats ment to take out bombers

10 Likes

Bombers only really die from pilot kills or loss of controls from engine fires now. I do agree they are a tad too resilient now since B-29 can survive several direct hits from Zunis which makes no sense.

1 Like

No more snipping bombers away with my single 20mm at over 1km away? Oh bummer

3 Likes

People are mad that weapons that were designed to kill bombers and were killed bombers with great effect can’t do that anymore.

1 Like




Players are having fun even when they’re dying

7 Likes

My guy is over 256 bombers. 253->Strike Aircrafts since some are built on bomber platforms.
So over 509 aircraft would need to get that buff, which isn’t as simple as flicking a switch. However, they also need to update a bunch of aircraft flight models and tank models as well. Since a lot of them have not.

Its been 10 damn years since ive managed to nurse a bomber back to base like this, I missed this so much, ended the match after a PBJ came and decided the glass cockpit on the he111 is not cool lmao

7 Likes

BTW this was my 3 hits that destroyed a B-57 using Hispano Ground betls:
2 engine hits, one center mass fuel tank hit.

If you aim for weak spots, you take down bombers.

4 Likes

Bombers shouldn’t tank missile, but like 20mm is ineffective against them, hence why we got 30mm.

1 Like

yea theres a lot of fighters that a single .50 cal will cause the wing to rip off. that includes the new hawk T1a, its not an old DM issue as thats happening still.

bombers need to survive stuff but fighters and especially strike aircraft do require some of the hardiness they actually had

2 Likes

HUGE +1 from me on the bomber changes. I am loving the increase in resilience. I do NOT think it is overpowered. I have played some low matches as a fighter, and it actually took effort and thought to take them down.

And I have had a couple encounters against B-52’s while in my F-4E Phantom. First encounter I hit him once with a Sparrow, got a severe damage, and he was set on fire. Then it took two passes with my Vulcan cannon to finally take him out. He was on fire the entire time, I felt that the B-52’s resilience was just about perfect. It was not invulnerable, but it also did not turn to dust by sneezing on him.

I LOVE this change. I do not want them to revert it.

7 Likes

Some best changes in a single major update

2 Likes