BAe Sea Harrier - Technical data and discussion

Ah… Thank you

I’ve made a thread with some possible balance ideas for the Sea Harrier FA2 to give it an edge. Would love some feedback

2 Likes

no change happen today ,again

i’m wondering whether we can ask gaijin to make it easier to get aim120a,it is the most difficult plane for me to get to a modification that can really come in hanfy,even in the dev service.
i can’t manage to kill any players even with the aim9m,the only useful thing for sea harrier now
aim120a,without it ,fa2 will be killed as easy as an AI for other players.
@Smin1080p

Noticed the FA.2 has been made a Fighter at some point on the dev server, instead of the Strike Aircraft it was when testing opened.
FRS.1 remains a Strike Aircraft

2 Likes

Be afraid of your desires
Otherwise they will delete 120B and replace them with 120A))

This change now allows you to fly in GRB on both Gr.7 and F/A.2 without penalty for re-departure. Due to the fact that they now have a different class.

1 Like

Your best bet is to use rockets or bombs on bases and generally avoid the AI wherever possible.

I share your concerns about the stock grind and have even suggested AMRAAM be moved to rank 3.

There is no difference currently, but Britain never used the As thankfully.

I’m glad that was fixed. I half get the FRS1 being strike aircraft, it’s an edge case, though probably should be changed. But at least the FA2 gets in my opinion, the correct designation

3 Likes

I hope we get the sea harriers changed to fighter, would allow me to finally have something other than my buccaneer as everything else around it is a strike aircraft. shame the phantoms are 10.7 in ground now, as we dont have a 10.7 lineup to use with it.

Managed a shot against a defending F-16C with over a minute of flight time

10 Likes

Just from watching that video, i realised i should probably trust my missiles alot more, as i usualy assume its already self destructed as soon as i lose a lock (although i do know the 7f isnt an ARH).

Also, 60 flares and no chaff at that altitude? who is this man.

6 Likes

nothing change,again

Anyone know how many channels the Sea Harrier has?

https://community.gaijin.net/issues/p/warthunder/i/5I27Xi2HaAp7

1 Like

Yep, thank you. I need to check those discord channels more often :D

Correct me if Im wrong (and I think I am)

But shouldnt water injection reduce engine temps. At least initially?

When water injection is turned on, the engine control unit automatically increases the fuel flow to the engine and hence its RPM (along with increasing the engine temperature limit).

So any cooling effect of the water is more than cancelled out by the increased fuel flow.

2 Likes

Since the model has been made a few days ago, why is the FA2 120 BOL still not in the test suit for so many days?
@Smin1080p

The CRL model with the BOL attachment isn’t ready yet.

3 Likes

not this?