B-1B Lancer and Tu-160 - the next event bombers?

After the nuclear event, we received the B-52H and the Tu-95M, two iconic bombers from both the US and the USSR. However, this currently raises the question of whether we might receive other iconic bombers, such as the B-1B Lancer and the Tu-160. Both are more modern bombers than their predecessors.

In your opinion, did these deserve to be the next event vehicles? Which br do you think it will be? Will it also receive nerfs like the previous ones?

1 Like

Missing the goat in this post though

9 Likes

Tbh, it should be for the other nations that dont have a strat bomber first.

V-Bombers for Britain
Mirage IV for Fr*nce

I dont think Italy, Germany, Israel, Japan or Sweden really have any options there and I have no idea about China

Before then adding more to the US and USSR which already have 1 each

1 Like

I wanted the Vulcan for Great Britain. I have the impression that it could land a very good br and it has a good bomb load.

1 Like

China have a few badger knockoffs and some other more recent stuff, but nothing i’d define as a proper strategic bomber

1 Like

Probably going to be 8.7 I reckon, which means it will face the same issues as the B-52 until decompression, if it ever comes for sub 10.0

Strategic bombers shouldn’t be event vehicles imo. It creates a whole can of worms of making it for fair each country etc.

But Gaijin hate fun so they’ll all be Squadron vehicles or something.

I think that will depend on his technologies. Does it have any AAA defense or detection system?

Ideally gaijin would slot them into each trees respective rank 5-7 bomber lines, but I thought they were against that.

There is clear room for Tu-95 modifications in the russian tree for example

1 Like

Yeah, don’t think there’s many good places in every TT for them is the biggest problem. Sweden would once again be lacking as would a number of the smaller TTs. Personally would like them as SP vehicles in NE but I know that’s immensely unlikely as Gaijin want to focus on the nukes.

Here’s a bomber that I expected to be good in its br, but in the end it only brought me pain and suffering.

Absolutely not, they should be TT, this way players who really want to get them would not be under so much pressure of finishing the event if they don’t have alot of time or are just busy during the event.
I don’t think there is any way tk get B-52H and Tu-95M (maybe except for gambling boxes) and j have seen alot of new players asking how to get it when i use it, it would be really unfair.
So IMO both should be TT

2 Likes

CMs: 528 Flares and 936 chaff (I think)

RWR: ARI 18228

MAWS: Rear-aspect

ECM: Both internal original ECM but also ALQ-101-10 ECM pod

Could also get 2x Aim-9Gs

Flame’s suggestion is great for details

What is the maximum speed of this?

I think it’d make no sense for Gaijin bringing in new players to lock some of the most iconic vehicles behind events. Imagine being a new US player only to find out that the B1/B2 was a limited time thing that you missed

450kts (I think), but could get up to 0.93 mach indicated air speed at high alt

I think overall, kinda similar to the B-52 iirc

What people really want out of these bombers beyond spectacle are guided weaponry capabilities though, and when we start seeing tu-95/b1 launching their respectice GPS guided bombs and missiles, I expect their in match value will shoot up, since the capacity for those types of munition is greatly improved over their fighter and multirole counterparts.

Focusing on the russian stuff though, as given gaijin’s track record with soviet and russian missiles, later modifications of the bear, plus stuff like Tu-22/160 will have some truly insane ARM/ASHM and Cruise missile capabilities, that will no doubt put them in their own niche.

So seeing stuff like the vulcan first is of top priority to me since it’ll be able to enjoy some time in the limelight without being overshadowed by the more modern stuff

2 Likes

They should also add the phoenix carrier prototype for shits and gigs

Haha, now that would be perfect as an event, with the standard late fit B.2 for the TT

Hadn’t considered that aspect before and I certainly agree. I can’t quite decide if I want the new ammunition type to be cluster munitions or cruise missiles - though I think it’s probably the former and will (hopefully) breathe some new life into the Tornado. The B-1 would absolutely destroy that new life with 30 CBUs.

1 Like