Are the Abrams variants useless?

All jokes aside I find it ridiculous that the abrams is artificially made to be the worst tank at top tier.
The fact that gaijin felt the need to artificially nerf it to the point where it results in worse winrates than any other nation shows the level of contempt held for the US playerbase.
Even italy gets a better top tier line-up and more effective MBTs.

It’s only a matter of time until the world police are called in to fix this.

1 Like

but i will reply no longer

immediately replies

image_2024-05-27_005125229

1 Like

lying more than razervon is crazy

2 Likes

Pro tip 1: good luck with the M1 Abrams,it is one of the worst Abrams at its BR

Pro tip 2: the IPM1 is basically useless, research it if you want it,but it’s garbage until you reach the M900 modification,there it becomes viable

In my opinion,the last Abrams you should seriously grind is the M1A2 SEP simply because it has Gen 2 thermals compared to the M1A2.

The M1A2? it’s all right,M829A2+M830A1 for helis, Commander sight and 1st gen thermals for 11.7 is okay

M1A1?very very good,the M829A1 works very well even at 12.0,just don’t rely on the armor. Plus it has a fantastic lineup at 11.0

M1A1HC?god-like,good turret protection+M829A1 AND M830A1 plus a laser jammer that sometimes can save your life against laser guided ATGMs,and all of this at 11.3

For your own mental sanity remember:

1. Don’t research the SEP V2, it’s useless
  2. Researching/using the M1 and IPM1 is not advised
  3. Never trust your armor
  4. Have at least a crew with maxed reload speed and command (so that the reload speed is 5.8 seconds)
  5. Take maximum 34 rounds,only a handful of them being M830A1 because then the chances of exploding are less likely
  6. Have a solid lineup with planes,US is very strong in the CAS option
1 Like

The Abrams just doesn’t work well in our pixel clicking game. Add in some artificial nerfs from the dev’s and the perceived greater burden of proof for changes compared to its competition, then sprinkle in the premiums players and boom, you have a recipe for 30% win rates.

At least the US air tree is close too/the best in the game.

Its still nowhere near the potential for what it could be at least in terms of A2G stores and airframes. But otherwise its going to be pretty middling since in terms of A2A stores they get used as the standard that is compared against and are about to have significant issue going forward, considering that each is anywhere from five years to two decades older than their counterparts.

The US has plenty of competitive airframes and weapons, it is all a matter of time. In the meantime find another tree to play so that you can switch back and forth when the snail continuers the cycle of FOMO. Rage and anger drives sales, so the snail at heart never wants the game to be fun and balanced.

1 Like

That’s what I did! Got myself MiG-29G until F-15C and others come.

F-16C is neat too, but I prefer R-73 and R-27ER over AIM-9M and let alone AIM-7M.

R-27ER is basically a kill guarantee, and, while R-73 is quite flareable, it’s hilarious how you can hit enemies that are pretty much 90º from you and 200m away hahah

9M & AMRAAM combo is about to eat. The F15/F16 energy retention will prevail.

Yep! Right now, what holds F-16C back is A*M-7. When we can switch those for 120s, it will be neat!

It will be a glorious day to have the F-22 with the 9X in the future.

Not really, no, the US basically has; F-15C (which is set to apear in the coming patch), F-14D, F-15E, and various F/A-18s unless you want to count new or stealth airframes like the F-16C-70 / -72, F-22 & F-35.

In terms of ordnance they’ve got an AIM-9M with improved IRCCM (AIM-9X Block I) and eventually TVC & Datalink capability. The issue is that the Sidewinder is a 5" diameter airframe while counterpart missiles like the MICA IR, ASRAAM, R-73M, etc. are all 8" or larger and so can leverage greater internal volume for better performance. So there is fundamentally no advantage to be had in terms of potential IR missiles.

In terms of the early AMRAAMs they’re kinetically worse than the existing Boost-Sustain Sparrows. Late AMRAAMs also are used by practically all nations so don’t confer an advantage, on top of being worse in all respects bar ECM hardening in comparison to a properly modeled AIM-54C.

And its probably going to be decades until anything reliable about the AIM-260 turns up.

And of course there are a few prototype (AIM-97, -152, etc.) missiles but they aren’t relevant for the airframes in question.

No

The M1s are among the better top tiers, they’re just not Strv122/2A7 tier
sure they have issues but the defeatist attitude+premium+ODL spam does not help at all, you’d probably want to play something else and avoid the frustration of 99% your teams folding like an omelette

The AIM-120D is nuts my guy, also there is currently as much information on the AIM-260 as the Snail has on current top tier MBT armor. Its all made up, who cares.

So I’ve read the comments and have seen that the Abrams is a very skill based Vehicle. Also the comments have apparently turned into a warzone. So out of Curiosity and also not wanting to make like 50 posts asking stupid questions. What do you all think is the worst Top tier in the game and how would you improve it?

Its average at best with negatives that make it one of if not easiest tanks to kill in the game. It doesnt matter the size of the round if it penetrates you (it will) the amount of spalling that will take place as the result is artificially and extremely enormous amounts. Your breech has super powers that will magically attract all the previously mentioned spalling right to it just about every single damn time. This alone is what makes the Abrams frustrating to play. You will find yourself shooting other tanks at the same BR with SIGNIFICANTLY different results. NIght and day different results actually but according to the cool kid club of War Thunder thats just the result of lack of skill aka skill issue.

They arent useless but just dont go in expecting a whole lot because two things are going to happen like it or not. First being you will be losing more than you will be winning at top tier. Even if you play with groups of buddies you will likely still lose. The second being is if you overhyped yourself you will suffer some dissapointment. But this dissapointment feels different than others…and there is a reason for this. I refuse to start another nation just to find a good balance but its not just the Abrams fault for US win rate. Its a handful of things that over time have just been growing and growing. 6.3/10.

2 Likes

😆

HC / AIM / Bradley or HSTV-L / ADATS / Helicopter or Jet [11.7]

Sep / Sep V2 / HSTV-L / Helicopter or Jet / Jet [12.7]

Don’t use the ADATS above 11.7 you do not have the range to engage enemy guided munitions it’s a waste of your time.

Gaijin needs to lower the ADATS to 11.3, maybe with the new BR split for toptier air they can expand ground to 12.7 and move the 11.3 vehicles to 11.7 alongside the ADATs instead.

US top tier is severely underperforming compared to Sweden / France / Germany due to the lack of sufficient SPAA. The latter are only outranged by 1 vehicle currently or bomb tossing which requires effort so very very rarely will you need to deal with it.

AGM-114Ls are “overpowered” but 40KM range laser guided munitions are balanced at 11.7 because it’s Russian I guess there’s no excuse for Gaijin’s inclusion of that weapon

1 Like

Bad players are foreigners playing on US servers.

literally one of the most brain dead takes I’ve ever heard. The U.S. in most recent history has ALWAYS placed a primary on preservation of life. Losing NCOs and quality soldiers is normally harder to replace than the gear. You can build another f35 in a month(I think) you need 3-5 years for a quality pilot. Quality tanker is another year. A tank though, just another month. It’s literally one of the exact reasons NERA exists instead of ERA if memory serves. We easily could slap ERA on a tanks without issue. It would be the most cost effective additive.

2 Likes