AMRAAM Spaa

Ammo is not quite a problem, 4+2 can do enough job. and as I remember, ammo supply point in respawn point is on the roadmap.

The MML can only use the 9X, the AMRAAM would be needed for the reliable extra range. (IR seekers are limited in game in the range department.)

Yes they are. Probably greatly in-part due to the limiations of these kinds of SPAA

Maybe your right but I don’t remember reading that.

The MML is designed to be able to launch many different munitions no reason it could not launch other missiles.

Screenshot 2024-05-30 031416

Interceptors Fired by MML

• AIM-9X Sidewinder: Originally designed as an air-to-air missile and has recently been adopted as a ground-to-air interceptor because of its unique capabilities.
  • Longbow Hellfire: Originally designed as an air-to-ground tank-killing missile and has recently shown success in destroying UAS targets.[6]
  • Miniature Hit-to-Kill (MHTK): Has no warhead and is designed to intercept and defeat rocket, artillery, and mortar threats with kinetic energy during a direct hit.[7]
  • Stinger: Originally developed as a man-portable air defense infrared homing surface-to-air missile and has been adapted to fire from a wide variety of ground vehicles.[8]
  • Tamir: Used by Israel’s Iron Dome to counter rockets, artillery, and mortars.[9]

From a quick search, it doesn’t look like it would fire anything else that could work in warthunder.

Thanks for the info did not know!

I remember it can work without radar? like ir missiles, turn on the radar seeker and point it to enemy.

If Gaijin can make up a Japanese F16 I don’t see why they can’t have more ammo types. Especially given its relatively new.

If the missile being fired has Data-link. Then yeah, should be able to work like that.

I know the Supacat HVM that the UK is developing with Ukraine at hte moment fires ASRAAM which, whilst hte launch vehicle I think has IRST. Can use other battlefield radars to greatly extend its acquistion range as the ASRAAM has data-link (if im not remembering incorrectly or getting my wires crossed)

There was sufficient sources to disprove Gaijin’s flawed assumptions about the Stinger’s overload performance, but they ignored them completely.

take for example the following excerpt from ADA111769

Viewing collectively the results obtained, it is concluded that the
effect of directing steering control out of the angle-of-attack platte can be
approximated, for the conditions tested, by directing the control-force increments and control-moment increments obtained when 0 = 0’ to the new steering
direction, then resolving these increments back to the non-rolling axes system
used herein. The accuracy of this procedure (exact at zero angle of attack)
deteriorates somewhat as angle of attack increases.

Which directly contradicts the underlying assumptions made about Rolling Airframe Missiles in the article.

The way the resulting force in the missile maneuver plane changes can be represented in a simplified form as a half-wave of a sine wave.

Further they specify;

With a single-channel relay control of a rolling airframe missile

Which by looking at the block diagram of the seeker (combined with the fact that it is also somehow used on a Sidewinder Airframe, which is not a Rolling Airframe design), can be seen to use two channels.

and a further excerpt from the patent

The output pulses of the one-shot multivibrators are used as reference inputs to the linear gates and determine the rate at which the signal information being fed to the gates is being sampled. Also coupled to linear gates 158, 162 is an X position summing network 164. A Y position summing network 166 is connected to linear gates 156, 160.

2 Likes

data link is used to guide missile before it’s seeker find the target, but if the seeker find it before launch, it won’t need a datalink?

I think so. though no harm in helping it with the radar lock at the same time. Especially at the longer ranges

I cant speak much on the Stinger as I don’t know enough.

It might also eventually use whatever the FOTS (Follow On To Stinger) is being called these days.

I thought it wasn’t going it he good since it only gets 4? Isn’t that what you said?

??? we have ARH in game already

You are about 350 off

10km is its max range not its effective range. It’s “effective” range is honestly about 6-7km (going off my experience fighting it) and even then it’s really not that good