AMRAAM Spaa

I cant speak much on the Stinger as I don’t know enough.

It might also eventually use whatever the FOTS (Follow On To Stinger) is being called these days.

I thought it wasn’t going it he good since it only gets 4? Isn’t that what you said?

??? we have ARH in game already

You are about 350 off

10km is its max range not its effective range. It’s “effective” range is honestly about 6-7km (going off my experience fighting it) and even then it’s really not that good

Yeah, because “10km” is the range of the missile, which doesn’t include any curves it takes to lead the missile to a target, meaning it is effectively much shorter than 10km if it is remotely moving in any lateral space.

Idk what the effective is on the SL-AMRAAM but the max range is 25km. (Just pointing out the max range

yes, 2s6 is about 5, vt1 8, pantsir 8-9.

Max effective range on Pantsir is well past that (like 12-14km from my experience playing it). It’s just the majority of your engagements will be in that 8-9 range since you are honestly better off trying pop up tactics closer in so the Pantsir has less time to try and shoot down your missile.

I would also say 5-6 for the base 2S6 with the upgraded one being like 6-7

I don’t feel so, it’s like in 8km. it can pull with it’s full mobility, 8-12, about a half, mobilizable but not much, for it’s low air resistance. VT1 is much better in 8km and closer range, but after 8km, it lose mobility quickly.

it seems your standard of mobility is different. mine is more strict.
btw, 9m311 is just same as 9m311m1, m1 just has longer max range

VT1 is better inside like 4km above that I’m going with the Pantsir.

Hm odd I seem to hit people more consistent with it at slightly farther ranges. Interesting though u did not know that.

Agree to disagree?

SPYDER-AIO my beloved

(I think this would be blatantly op, say for its terrible missile count and massive size)

2 Likes

Was just going by the data in the suggestion. Lists 15km range for standard 40km for the upgraded version.

But might have misread

Yep. so can just about take out a Ka-52 sat at its absolute max range, but stands no chance in shooting down a Su-25SM3

1 Like

I mean pantsir

I checked the missile sheet, they are same, except max range.

anyway, everyone have their own feeling and standard, that’s why I usually turn to the form.
we better go back to SL-AMRAAM

1 Like

Still a different missile dude operating in a completely different way I mean hell ones IR and the other uses an active transmit-receive radar guidance system.
Heck the ADATS has a 10km range, 10 not any further the Type 81C has a better missile given its fire and forget and the radar doesn’t freak out and lose tracking randomly for no reason. The KA-52 has a 10km range missile and can reliably reload in safety most the time not to mention the other helis, even the SU25SM3 has a 20km guided bomb, hell the F-16c has a guided bomb that does the same 20km range but the Pantsir has a 20km range.
Yes the ADATS can kill both tanks, and some air, but again 10km isn’t cutting it. Because you get any competent CAS that isn’t going against a Pantsir they will sit at that 20km range snipe some missiles re-arm i see it every game.
Not to mention not only USA would benefit from this Sweden Japan Germany great Britain all would benefit since every nation has a system similar to this.

The MIM-72G is not a AIM-9X. I don’t know who told you that but the were smoking some good green when they did.