Am I playing on the wrong server?

So they need to fix the servers so people will keep playing on their own region I guess.

Would certainly help. The SA server is known for having issues.

The US server is also known for having “bad players” so many might go play on it for easy kills.

1 Like

Im in uk and play on every server, cant always get a game on certain servers at certain times

Very true. I cant play naval rb on the SA server. I need to uncheck SA and check all the others to get a match.

1 Like

Do you have problem with high ping then? Or is it better?

Gaijin deleted the option to explicitly select the SA server around November last year. https://forum.warthunder.com/t/please-return-the-sa-server-checkbox/41735 No one really knows why they did this. I’m seeing some people say they do play on SA, so I’m not sure if they returned the option for some players, but at least on my side I’m not seeing a SA checkbox.

Spoiler

On the non-SA servers? Yeah, the ping is high but it doesnt affect naval battles too much due to the pace of it. For ground and air, it isnt very good gameplay with the lvl of ping

Yeah. I cant check any other servers unless i un-check SA

In ground battles most of the chat is Russian, albeit that’s not too bad because players will actually use the chat once in 10 games at best.
But in air battles people talk a lot and always in English.
I have EU and NA selected. I just don’t understand what’s going on and why Russians would be put in EU matches when logically there should be much lower ping on the RU server.

Is it actually russian or is it cyrillic?

1 Like

For that particular example, RU players may get lower ping from other servers as Russia is quite a wide country, and it would depend on where the CIS servers are located. i.e. A lot of Russia is close to EU countries, so the EU servers may be closer in ping. Also, the SA servers are (last I knew at least) located in Japan, and a lot of Russia is close to Japan, so they may be closer in ping to an SA server then they are to a CIS server (edit: or even NA servers if they’re in the eastern regions of Russia)

Even if the CIS servers are closer than EU ones, if it’s only, say, less than 100ms difference, then I’d be having both selected.

Yeah… I’m getting this. Also the infinite “Loading modes…” occasionally.

I have the “join active battle” option off, but it seems pointless now as sometimes I’m the one waiting an extra minute or so watching others fly off.

2 Likes

I live in New Zealand so I’m always on SA and many players in Asia will play on US or EU server, don’t ask me why. I got dragged onto the EU server the other day and got 300+ ping because an Asian player had the EU server ticked when I was in their squad. I don’t know why they play on EU, but it’s of no disadvantage to them, they seem to get less than 200 ping on any server.

I personally use multiple servers to half the wait time for a match, generally speaking I get EU matches most often, they took away the Asian servers, forcing them to play on other servers, which is a whole other issue in and of it’s self.

I get people with names like this constantly, gaijin isn’t locking the servers to your country only, however it my need to implemented because of it causing Ping issues.

How does their ping matter? The entire game is dictated on server-side interactions.
What good would them doing it on purpose serve, apart from getting faster queue times?

Breaking news guys, europeans play in european servers!

In the 10 years I have been playing WT, players have always been allowed to select whichever server groups they wanted to play(until recently as mentioned concerning the SA server group) Yeah the SA is not available to me anymore, even tho my ping to it is the same or very similar to the RU/CIS servers. But I believe this has been the way here in WT so players can have shorter wait times in the queue. More servers selected, better chance of catching a game quickly. Back when there were far less players, and especially during the slowest time of day, this was pretty important to reduce your wait time. None of that has changed really, except this thing with the SA servers. And even with a lot more players on on a regular basis, I do not see it changing any time soon . . . if at all.
Now most other games I play/have played select the server you play for you, many don’t even acknowledge any of that stuff. I assume they put you on the server that gives you the best ping/connection for where you are located and/or your connection speed. For balance/fair play or whatever. This is an “international” game, so you won’t always be playing with “your kind” and honestly, in a world with “internet” you really shouldn’t expect to . . . One of the coolest things about the internet and this game in particular is you get to play a live action game with people from all over the world.
That’s pretty amazing if you think about it. And just because they sit in a different part of the world when they are playing shouldn’t really even matter. They are playing & enjoying the same game as you and I bet they would enjoy nachos, pizza rolls & Poptarts just as much as you do, if they could get them. I don’t see any issues or problems with any of that myself. Yeah, communication can be an issue, but the radio/“T” commands help somewhat with game play. Just do the best you can and bring your best game with you . . . I bet they do too . . . . ☻

This is “normal” regardles of the server. Sometimes you can’t spawn, sometimes half the team, sometimes almost everyone, and of course you get slapped with crew lock, because Gaijin is consistently targeting the victims.

Russian. I’d know, it’s my native language.

Then why aren’t European players put into RU matches?