Am I playing on the wrong server?

How does their ping matter? The entire game is dictated on server-side interactions.
What good would them doing it on purpose serve, apart from getting faster queue times?

Breaking news guys, europeans play in european servers!

In the 10 years I have been playing WT, players have always been allowed to select whichever server groups they wanted to play(until recently as mentioned concerning the SA server group) Yeah the SA is not available to me anymore, even tho my ping to it is the same or very similar to the RU/CIS servers. But I believe this has been the way here in WT so players can have shorter wait times in the queue. More servers selected, better chance of catching a game quickly. Back when there were far less players, and especially during the slowest time of day, this was pretty important to reduce your wait time. None of that has changed really, except this thing with the SA servers. And even with a lot more players on on a regular basis, I do not see it changing any time soon . . . if at all.
Now most other games I play/have played select the server you play for you, many don’t even acknowledge any of that stuff. I assume they put you on the server that gives you the best ping/connection for where you are located and/or your connection speed. For balance/fair play or whatever. This is an “international” game, so you won’t always be playing with “your kind” and honestly, in a world with “internet” you really shouldn’t expect to . . . One of the coolest things about the internet and this game in particular is you get to play a live action game with people from all over the world.
That’s pretty amazing if you think about it. And just because they sit in a different part of the world when they are playing shouldn’t really even matter. They are playing & enjoying the same game as you and I bet they would enjoy nachos, pizza rolls & Poptarts just as much as you do, if they could get them. I don’t see any issues or problems with any of that myself. Yeah, communication can be an issue, but the radio/“T” commands help somewhat with game play. Just do the best you can and bring your best game with you . . . I bet they do too . . . . ☻

This is “normal” regardles of the server. Sometimes you can’t spawn, sometimes half the team, sometimes almost everyone, and of course you get slapped with crew lock, because Gaijin is consistently targeting the victims.

Russian. I’d know, it’s my native language.

Then why aren’t European players put into RU matches?

I got chatbanned for a long time for asking asians and russians to type in english in EU server

You literally have your OWN RU server. You can speak your language there.

A lot of people from a lot of countries would love to have thier dedicated server

Going into EU and NA server, where people are speaking english and refusing to comunicate in english is toxic behaviour from your end.

I agree with it.

I usually play with all servers enabled. It gives faster queue times, and I like the variety of playing with people from all around the world. Language barriers aren’t too much of an issue thanks to the radio wheel messages appearing in every player’s own system language. :)

Server regions exist for ping, not to divide people by “where they’re from” as some people in this thread seem to be unfortunately suggesting…

1 Like

It’s not just the server connection issues though. Westerners living or working in Asia still like to play with their friends online.

Many use auto which will add you to any server if they have been waiting too long.

As mentioned people in the Asian region including us here in Australia only have auto which is SA or manually select EU, US or CIS so it’s SA only or no SA at all and hope for the best from the MM.

And lastly the SA server is dead. During peak time you can be OK if your playing popular game modes and br but outside that you just can’t get a battle at all so you wait 5 mins and the mm expands to all servers or you just select the other servers and never have access to SA.

It’s not even called the Russian server any more but the servers are not suppose to segregate nations just offer best pings.

I think most players just set the game to every server available.People do play USA believing it to be a place for easy kills.

Don’t they have massive power cuts in SA anyway?

SA isnt south Africa its south asia

I somewhat doubt that was the reason.

Try it yourself then. I am not the only one that got chatbanned like that.

When russians type with cyrylic, simply say: “this is EU server, please talk in english so we can communicate”. There is big chance that all russians gonna mald and report you for this.

I didn’t know that thanks

You do know that Europe doesn’t only speak English, right? There are other languages too.

1 Like

Yeah that’s comedy gold