After adding the original post some time ago. I’ve decided to add this to the suggestions section so it can maybe get some well needed attention. For those that are reading and voting on this. Especially the developers and moderators that come across this. I want to make this ABSOLUTELY clear. If helicopter’s do get added to simulator these changes NEED to happen otherwise it will become hard to play with helicopter’s in simulator. We are not only voting on helicopter’s getting added to simulator BUT also the changes NEEDED so helicopter’s get added CORRECTLY.
- Helicopter’s get added to Air SB EC.
- Rotor’s cause dopplar shift in simulator. IMPORTANT!
- Flying low is fixed. Multi-pathing. Flying low doesn’t make you almost invisible to radar. IMPORTANT!
- Rotary physics are updated and more realistic. IMPORTANT!
- Updated airfield defense past Vietnam era. Around 11.0 - 11.3 and above, so having a few Pantsir-S1’s at each airfield and they actually activate when hostiles are within range… Roland’s will still be fine at Vietnam era 9.7 - 10.7 ish. As Vietnam era heli’s don’t have crazy air to air capabilities like modern heli’s do. IMPORTANT!
- The BR for helicopter’s gets re-worked a little bit. That way Vietnam era rotary wing is matched up with Vietnam era fixed wing. And modern era with modern era. IMPORTANT!
- Helicopter spawns across the map that are able to be destroyed. And also have missle system airfield defense. Attackers objective becomes AI helicopter’s so helicopter players have more to do.
- Bigger maps. This isn’t as important but would be a plus with the addition of helicopter’s in simulator.
Adding helicopters to Air SB mode would be an awesome addition. Almost every player knows that grinding helicopter’s can be an absolute pain whether in “heli pve”, Ground RB or Ground SB (if the rotation is there that day for SB) because the research rate is quite slow. It would be cool to play peekaboo with ground units at ground battles on the map and possibly have to defend from other enemy aircraft trying to stop you from attacking grounds units. However, there would have to be some BR changes to match up Vietnam rotary wing with Vietnam fixed wing and modern rotary wing with modern fixed wing as explained in the video. One note would be that adding heli pad spawns across the map so heli’s don’t have to spawn on the airfield on one end of the map then fly to the battlefield which would take quite some time with a bigger map in a heli. Another thing to note is airfield defense upgrades so heli’s won’t be able to hover around the airfield and just airfield camp. The Roland’s don’t have the range needed to defend the airfield well anymore at top tier and sometimes they don’t even activate when an enemy is nearby. I think that keeping Roland’s at the Vietnam era would be okay as alot of heli’s in that era don’t have air to air missles but make them more aggressive possibly. However, adding Pantsir-S1’s or something equivalent with a launch range of well over 10 miles is absolutely necessary above SB 11.0. - 11.3.
Please vote and thank you for your time. o7!
Here is the video.
Here is the original War Thunder forum post where you can see other players feedback.