Acmat VLRA TPK 641 VPC: The better French SPAA truck

Would you like to see this in-game?
  • Yes
  • No
0 voters

In this suggestion we’ll be looking at yet another French SPAA options, the Acmat VLRA TPK 641

This vehicle is a modification of the Acmat VLRA, a light utility truck produced and used by France. The truck in its many versions has also been exported to a large variety of nations worldwide. The vehicle exists in both 4 wheel and 6 wheel variants, always with all-time all-wheel drive. Among the over 80 variants of this vehicle produced so far, the one we’re interested in is the TPK 641 versions. This variant is a point-defense and convoy protection vehicle that has been fitted with an Oerlikon GAI-D01 anti-aircraft mount. It is not entirely clear to me how many of these have been built, but images are rather scarce to find, so I imagine not too many.
The vehicle makes use of the 6x6 VLRA chassis which is powered by 138 hp Perkins Diesel engine. This was capable of accelerating the 7.3 ton vehicle up to a top speed of 105 km/h. The vehicles were designed to operate in rough conditions and as such are known to be rugged and easy to repair thanks to their simplicity. All variants are also designed to be air-transported and parachute dropped. Besides this they can also ford up to 90 cm of water and climb inclines of 65%.

Acmat_TPK_641_VPC_VV

As mentioned before, this specific variant came equipped with the Oerlikon GAI-D01 mount. This turret was armed with 2x 20mm Oerlikon KAD autocannons. Each one of these cannons has a fire-rate of up to 1000 rounds/minute. The two ammo types available are HEI-T and AP-T, with muzzle velocities of 1040 m/s and 1100 m/s respectively. The turret has an impressive traverse rate of up to 80°/s horizontally and 48°/s vertically. The turret can obviously rotate the full 360 degrees, with elevation limits ranging from -3° to +81°. The guns are belt-fed with 120 rounds on a single belt, allowing for about 7.5s of shooting before the weapon has to be reloaded.
Spotting and engaging would happen through the Galileo P56 computing sight which offered a 5x magnification and 12° view.

General Characteristics:

• Length: 8.1 m
  • Width: 2.4 m
  • Height: 1.9 m
  • Weight: 7.1 tons (5.8 ton chassis + 1.3 ton weapon system)
  • Engine: 138 hp Perkins 6.354
  • Power-to-weight: 19.4 hp/t
  • Top speed: 105 km/h forward, 45 km/h in reverse
  • Crew: 3-5

Armament:

• Main Armament: 2x 20mm Oerlikon KAD autocannons in a GAI-D01 mount
  • Horizontal traverse: 80°/s
  • Vertical traverse: 48°/s
  • Elevation limits: -3°/+81°
  • Rate-of-fire: 1000 rounds/minute/gun for a combined fire-rate of 2000 rounds/minute.

Place in-game:

It is no surprise that the French tree is in dire need of additions to their SPAA line, and this vehicle could fit in perfectly. It would most likely be similar in performance to the South-African Bosvark, as both are large and unprotected trucks with a powerful twin-barreled armament on the back. The high fire-rate and twin-barreled nature of the vehicle would most likely make it an effective SPAA for the mid ranks of the French SPAA line.

Spoiler

ALM-ACMAT TF / TPK VLRA (Military vehicles) - Trucksplanet
chrome-extension://efaidnbmnnnibpcajpcglclefindmkaj/https://trucksplanet.com/photo/alm-acmat/tf_tpk_1/tf_tpk_1_k1.pdf
ACMAT VLRA Light Utility Truck | MilitaryToday.com
Dossier Acmat VLRA: conception générale
Les différentes versions du VLRA Acmat.
Oerlikon GAI-D01 | Weaponsystems.net

12 Likes

+1. You delight us with your DCA suggestions. 👍

2 Likes

I’m just hoping that by making the majority of French suggestion SPAA options, that they’ll finally pass them and actually consider adding some…

3 Likes

Let’s hope so. But let’s face it, the Gaijin all need to add DCA to the Russians or Americans first, because they’re sorely lacking… In the eyes of the Gaijin, France is the fifth wheel.

1 Like

Excellent choice to be placed as an alternative to the AMX-13 DCA.
+1

3 Likes

I would love to see this at 5.0/5.3 depending on how good Gaijin makes it, it’d really allow 5.3 France to have a decent spaa, the best one so far for the 5.3 lineup being the Jumbo’s 50 cal

1 Like

I agree, i hope at least one of them make it in the next update, we NEED it

1 Like

Do you know what SPAA could be added at 1.0 for the French ?

This page from the old forum should give you an idea of what’s available at low rank. Spoiler : At 1.0, most of them it would be equivalent to the P7T, but with 2 x 13.2mm instead of 4.

1 Like

Thanks you, i remember that post now :D

1 Like

I’m still surprised at how lacking the French SPAA line (or tree in general) is when you have dozens of options like this or other platforms to fill the roles. Anyways, I hope we can see this in-game, it looks fun!

5 Likes

here we are… ;D

5 Likes

👀

13 Likes

Congrats m8!

3 Likes

Congrats!! Can’t wait to see it in-game soon!

2 Likes

Seeing it in the trailer brought a tear of joy to my eyes, can’t wait to use it in-game!

3 Likes

All I can say is: Yeeeeehaaaaahh!

1 Like

Congrats :D maybe it will motivate you to post even more of them :P

1 Like

Ah, so it’s 5.3, which means it’s a reduandant addition.

I mean, it’s a new vehicle with different niche, but that still doesn’t solve the gap of the French AA line.

1 Like

It took them years to add a single aa in that gap now they add another at the same tier with ww2 skin for a cold war vehicle, they always have to do things badly for France they can’t just make it good they have to find a way to make something bad to come with it.