A Merkava Mk.3D for Israel?

The fact that the Merkava 3 and 4 have

and the IRST that could be the

makes me think that it is possible that the LAHAT guidance was integrated into the FCS of those tanks

2 Likes

75 total shells, with 60 being loaded in the autoloader’s ready rack. Autoloader itself fires at a reload rate of 6.67sec. horsepower to weight ratio of 26.67hp/t, stabilized 155mm L/52 cannon, gunner thermals, smoke grenades (on V2 only), and so much more.

Oh, and it is quite well armored as well, the turret is incredibly thick and the roof is rated to be immune to M42 submunitions (roughly 55mm-60mm of RHA).

1 Like

Actually talking about the Sholef, @_David_Bowie have you heard anything about the Sholef V2 having access to APFSDS shells?

1 Like

I doubt he did, the info was revealed to be by someone who claimed to know it from their contact at MANTAK. As I said in my suggestion, this is to be taken with a bucket of salt until actual proof is provided.

1 Like

never doubt the top sekrit dokuments gaijin has

1 Like

Protection against Kornet missiles and latest 125mm ammunition is true tho.

These are manufacturer words, not to mention dozens of footage shows how Kornet failed to penetrate Merkava 4 series.

Seems like Gaijin impelemented Merkava 4A armor values to the other Merkava 4 series rathen making all of them differently.

1 Like

It’s possible, but it’s doubtful that it can actually provide guidance, which leads to the conclusion that we need to have enough material.

1 Like

2nd image literally shows an impact on what looks like a T-54/55

If you notice that the photos of firing and hitting the target have different tones, it is likely that they are from different tests.

Found this video

Who at Mantak said it was? No one said it was.

Nimda themselves tested the Achzarit’s armor against 3BM42 shells acquired from the Czech republic, they said that the Achzarit can withstand multiple 3BM42 hits with no issues, and the Merkava Mk.4 should have a far superior armor scheme.

3 Likes

Do you have a link to this? I’d like to add it to an internal report

Page 8 (9 on the PDF)
https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/1004925662395633664/1163067478428106782/modern-israeli-tanks-and-infantry-carriers-1985-2004.pdf

2 Likes

Source book: Gelbart, Marsh (2004). Modern Israeli Tanks and Infantry Carriers 1985-2004 . Osprey Publishing. p. 8.

3 Likes

oh neat

2 Likes

On Page 42 of the PDF I found this, saying that the FCS of the Merkava 4 is in fact capable of providing gudance for the LAHAT

4 Likes

Thank you, I will talk to another mod about this.

3 Likes

Thanks a lot

1 Like

Damn, if that is ever added, i wonder what the BR is gonna be lol, on paper it sounds pretty op