A little more news on Research bonuses for new nations

It feels like they did some crazy math on how to give us an advantage while encouraging us just to spend more money

No, its 3 per type as in air/ground/heli/bluewater/coastal. not sub-category.

They did state vehicle type, as well. So the bonus is still not 100% understood

Hence the overall confusion, and community discourse

I think this specifies that it is as i wrote it.

This ^

and then they in this post wrote it like i linked, the other one is a year old at this point.

Would it not be easier to simplify it and just give a flat rate % as the majority of the feedback from this forum has indicated ?

1 Like

It just feels like the “old guards”, veterans, members of the public that’s have spent time, money and resources to get multiple nations unlocked have been left out to dry and the key has been thrown away!

This new BONUS only seems to benefit newer players to the game and people with a small amount of unlocked nations, way to alienate your long standing loyal paying customers / rant over for the night

2 Likes

So from this it reads, in black and white, the following…

Limited to 3 battles a day per nation,

Rank 4 is a 15% increase
Rank 5 is a 25% increase
Rank 6 35% increase
Rank 7 and 8 is a 50% increase

But this also changes depending on the rank of the researched vehicle, so I think it’s a maximum of only 3 battles per nation per day and not per vehicle type, this is how this is reading if you look between the lines.

But the two statements contradict each other, unless that supersedes the previous

What about this comment “first 3 battles per day” (will be applicable) so limited to only 3 irriguardless of vehicle type

the previous is a year old, the new one is from yesterday. I’m like 99% certain that the new one is the one that is accurate.

This most recent screenshot also posted with the new information backs up my understanding

research_bonus_en

1. The bonus only apples to vehicles you haven’t unlocked (too bad if you’ve unlocked the majority of the game)
  2. Matches are limited to 3 per nation (on which you don’t have the same vehicle unlocked)

So it’s even worse then we thought, the more you’ve unlocked the less reward you will receive in return, that’s how it’s advertised

Well yes, which they then clarified in the post I quoted.

Edit:
Here is one more:

So it benefits newer players and players with a limited amount of vehicles/nations unlocked.

Yes but you have to understand the more you unlock the less reward you will then receive, should it not be the other way around ?

Goes back to what I’ve said here:

The concept of rewarding a constant player in a game that is all about griding feels pretty normal and obvious to me. Giving me 3 battles x day instead of a passive (but always active) or more substantial bonus means that I’m almost “wasting time” by researching a nation (and type of vehicle) that I’ve already exhausted the bonus for. What if i feel like grinding only one particular nation at the time?

Totally agree with this one too…

2 Likes

I’ve also done 1 nation at a time but, as of today I’m on 10 nations (been playing since march 2013)

10 nation, with 10 crew slots each and 50% of those crews 5 out of 10 are maxed out (only another 50 crew to go)

The remaining crew are all ground crew slots so 150 crew points each

1 Like