A little more news on Research bonuses for new nations

To be fair, it was announced to be exactly this from the start, but I suppose most people didn’t read the announcement carefully because I really struggle to imagine how one could get excited (or upset over the delays) for something so utterly inconsequential.

12 Likes

I know people that do 3 battles a day, and some that do 20.
I think 3 per tech tree per day is rather decent, especially if you take into account simulator matches.

50% above base RP sounds low, but IDK. I’d have to test it.

8 Likes

As far as I understood it, this “bonus” was supposed to give players who stayed soo long in the game to research a nation to the top a small “thanks” for their efforts and to give them the motivation to grind another tree. Yes I fully agree.

But to completely spit on long time players is what I don’t understand. This bonus will probably be really small but at the very least they could give us that

23 Likes

Gaijin treating playerbase like animals part 948583475. This is laughable change.

70 Likes

i mean its a research bonus…
if u dont have anything left to research…
you wont need the bonus and dont get it lol

9 Likes

It’s 3 battle per vehicle type per day.

22 Likes

And what is with next patch?

2 Likes

where exactly they mentioned it would be bonus for limited amount of battles per day? Pls show

3 Likes

Have you seen RP rates on helicopters?

35 Likes

As far as I understand it the bonus will be applied daily

3 battles per day is still not much.
it’s batter to have a limited high bonus(like 3), and a lasting low bonus(10% or 20%)

5 Likes

“The size of the bonus will depend on the rank being researched and will be applicable for the first three battles played each day.”

8 Likes

3 battles per day is nothing, also what if those 3 battles will be bad games?(and most of them will be)

63 Likes

Why limit it to nations where we don’t have end of line vehicles???

lol

How about you make it 3 battles per nation you have end od the line vehicles in and then you can use that in one nation if you so choose. For example, if I have USA, GER and USSR end of line I get 9 battles I can spend in FRA, if I want to.

Overall pretty insignificant change. Just enough to tick it of the list and say that they have done it.

37 Likes

if there are new vehicles, you get the bonus on them. simple lol

By Gaijins bonus you don’t, it doesn’t work for nations you have top tier in. So if new vehicles are added you can’t get a bonus either.

2 Likes

Why only 50% above base? isn’t it very low…

8 Likes

if you have two nations top teir…
then you get the bonus for a new vehicle in one of those nations

1 Like

The very first roadmap: [Development] [RoadMap] War Thunder Changes Roadmap - News - War Thunder

• Research bonuses for new nations. After obtaining a top vehicle of one nation (such a vehicle will be clearly marked in the research tree), a bonus is added to the research of vehicles of this type in other nations, where the top-tier vehicles have not yet been received. The bonus is given for three battles every day for each nation separately and depends on the rank of the researched vehicle. Approximate values are: rank IV +15%, rank V +25%, rank VI +35%, ranks VII-VIII +50%. Fourth update of the year (October-November 2023).
14 Likes

Nope, you get it for any nation you don’t have top tier in. If you have top tier in all nations that means you never get a bonus unless they add a new rank.

3 Likes