A-5C BR change needed

I mean, once again, not really looking for tips in this thread (I look for those elsewhere). This thread is about the characteristics of the plane at 10.7 compared to everything else at 10.7 and how it doesn’t feel like a 10.7 plane. 18 counter measures at 10.7 is really really bad. The 2 things the plane has going for it compared to other planes at it’s BR is a good RWR and good energy retention. The second doesn’t mean much when most planes are much much faster than you, or in the case of the F-5C, much much more maneuverable than you, but has the basically the same thrust and speed.

Maybe the main problem is that the J7-D and NF5-A are badly under tiered since they have double the KD of the A-5C. The fact that you see 11.7 planes in the A-5C regularly makes certain battles unplayable though with the 18 counter measures. If the plane was maneuvarable you could notch more, but mostly you can only defeat missiles that come from behind in the A-5C and struggle to dodge anything that comes from above or in front.

If your counter measures are small caliber, yeah it is awful but, you have large one.

For large-caliber flares, one or two flares are enough to dodge IR missile. If you still can’t evade the missile or feel like you don’t have enough flares, that’s your problem.

And a5c is top 2 10.7 sl farmer. Because people use it (strike aircraft) as strike aircraft and kill bots and bomb bases.

You make a lot of assumptions dude. You come across as a troll who has nothing to offer to the conversation. I use 1 flare to defeat IR missiles. I use 1-2 Chaff to defeat most radar missiles, but and F4-EJ has enough missiles to basically drain an A-5C dry just by itself.

Please offer something of substance in this thread instead of trolling.

Well duh… it’s a premium strike craft with napalm. It’s an SL farmer. That doesn’t make it good at 10.7. It gets all of it’s SL from bombing bases and ground targets as you pointed out, but at 10.7 it’s one of the slowest planes in the lobby, and more often than not the friendly jet fighters that go 2.4kmh get to the bases before you.

  • F-4C (10.0, AIM-7D)
  • F8U (10.3, AIM-9C)
  • F-8E (10.7, AIM-9C)
  • MiG-21MF/SMT (10.3, R-3R)
  • Mirage IIIC (10.0, Matra R530)
  • Mirage IIIE (10.7, Matra R530)
  • Mirage IIIS (10.3, AIM-4)
  • J35J/J35XS (10.7, AIM-4)

I don’t know about AIM-7s because of recent changes but, all of them are super easy to dodge it imo.

In which world?

F-4EJ still has AN/APQ-120 which is not pulse doppler radar and you can hug on the deck for makes impossible to launch sparrows.

I think it is better for learning jet gameplay instead yapping so hard in forum.

Sure, that will stop the missiles, but then it just guns you down as it is waaaaaaay faster and waaaaay more maneuverable. I think it’s better that you just shut up instead of providing zero substance to the topic. All you do is degrade me over and over and over again instead of providing anything on topic.

That.

If SARH missiles are a problem at 10.7, you fly:

3 Likes

Only good things on F-4EJ is just fast against you and, F-4EJ still turns like brick because of no slats.

I don’t think even if F-4E and F-4F can outturn A-5Cs unless the F-4 pilot uses sim control.

You’re the only one here who hasn’t offered any constructive feedback.

I have offered plenty. I talk about characteristics. You just like to degrade people. My entire first post is the constructive feedback. SMH

Are you sure with this one?


Seems I had stroke :/

Np, happens.

Now they are much better even the aim 7c pulls quite well

1 Like

Posts that are 100% about skill issues can hardly be called “constructive.”

Hmm… I think it is time to bring F3H and F-4C.

However, my point remains that simply by flying at low altitude, they cannot launch Sparrows.

You really are dense aren’t you? The entire first post was about characteristics. You attacked me with skill issue. I brought up numerous points about why it’s characteristics are inferior. You just want to degrade people like an asshole. You bring nothing of substance other than the ability to troll. So go back to your bridge and shut up.

You can energy trap F-5s with A-5C and then kill them,so technically yes.

Even considering its characteristics, it’s completely fine at 10.7. Arguing that an aircraft, which isn’t even OP or weak, should get a lower BR just because of its “characteristics” means the issue isn’t the plane, but the problem between the chair and the keyboard.