.50's deserve a buff

It will also depend on the ammunition you use, as another player said earlier in this same debate, do not expect to split a plane in two with an anti-armor tracer.

1 Like

Shouldn’t be worse. Gunners should be more realistic. So no stabilization, and no iron-armed gunners who can shoot.upside down no problem.
But since they aren’t, bombers shouldn’t be any tougher than they currently are.
Bombers are useless in Air RB. So are some fighters. Such is life.
How do you even imagine a mode where bombers are useful and not completely broken?

4 Likes
Spoilered since it's long

PS respond in the linked thread if it’s about the bombers

I haven’t read the whole thread, but just lowering the TU-4 to 6.3 is a nonsense. And also raising the spawn altitude of the bombers? Do you want the games to be only Russian TU-4s against the Chinese TU-4? Bombers need a change, but this is too extreme. If you are such a fan of realism, you shouldn’t complain about a B-29 fighting a Mig-15, since it happened in Korea.

9 Likes

Put the Tu-4 at 6.3

LOL

3 Likes

So in essence, make attacking bombers a goddamn suicide. Only planes armed with MK103 and 50mm have any chance vs Tu-4 and that’s only happening after several minutes of climbing. Everything else Germany and Italy have will be swatted out of the sky from beyond their gun range.
Attacking G8 f.e. is already borderline impossible with most popular German and Soviet guns, as that bomber is flying high and fast, and you can’t tailchase, and remember - bomber hunting is late game activity, so the bomber is already at 7000m, and to have a reasonable chance, you have to attack from above. GL HF.
Bombers even right now are extremely dangerous. Luckily most bomber users have no idea how to use their 3-plane stabilised gunner robots.

Bombers are far from paper. Meanwhile a single Type 99 Mk2 or soviet 23mm shell will rip F2Gs wing clean off.

Attacking bombers is already more dangerous than attacking fighters and requires extreme ammo and time expenditure to not get clobbered. Bomber can almost always return fire. Fighters have to point their nose at you.
And if bomber wants to, you’ll never get close to it, unless you invest entire round trying to get in position to attack…

…only to get 1-shot by AI gunner from outside your own gun range.

Sounds fun!

2 Likes

When I still has PTSD for 2016 Tu-4 💀

2 Likes

2016 all over again baby

1 Like

i like these guns just like most weapons in this game they will have funny moments 30 mm cannon shots from 262s if they managed to hit devastated allied bombers leaveing human sized holes in aircraft you can look up photos 50cals do not need a buff they are very accurate at long range and set fire often. German 151s are very inconsistent damage wise on stock belts but are very good other whys

Unless your using Universal belts or tracer, its not good for other such that and due to Gaijin awhile back nerfing them a bit

Here’s a Spitfire hit by three 20mm rounds.

1 Like

No bullet drop? You sure? They’ve been given the MG 151 treatment where they slow down to a snail’s pace past 500m.

1 Like

Yall really still yapping about this, They do not need a buff

3 Likes

Funny how the tail isn’t missing…

3 Likes

I’m not sure which cannons or MGs have better trajctory and lower drag than .50cals.

It’s easy to hit with them even at 1km, as they have a very flat ballistic curve.

I once set a He 111 on fire, firing with from 1.5km while being below the bomber.
Outright impossible with some 20mm cannons.

Maybe the swede 13.2mm? They are just better then .50s in general, I think. Vulcans too, probably.

1 Like

USA CAS main lol

1 Like

I don’t play GRB

Your statistics do not say the same

Looks like AP rounds and not HEI… And if HEI they likely didn´t explode coz they didn´t hit any harder structural parts ecpect the thin outer shell of the Spit. You need some impactforce to trigger the explosive to go boom.