XM800T: Brave Prowess

Marder will be much more survivable and much more capable with dealing with tanks thanks to ATGMs.

I would like it to be SPAA with scouting ability, like the one France has.

1 Like

Probably wont be changed.

Yeah, but still it will be nice if it has some AA capability. Not sure about its max gun elevation though.

By the looks of it I would expect it to have nice elevation, and as many autocannons it should have stock belt containing half AP half HE and a special belt full of either.

Yay!!!

wooo-yeah-baby

On a serious note, I’m really happy to hear that! Thanks a lot!

Not only a nice elevation, you also get a 90°/sec traverse to go with it

1 Like

Me rn:
FrOZT2ZWYAA7LW6

1 Like

Sounds very nice.
Does that mean for both horizontal and vertical, or only vertical/horizontal ?

I think the M114 would fit that role/BR better

It would be the US equivelent to the Japanese SUB I-II

1 Like

Yes, both horizontal and vertical :D

Why? The XM800T is basically an R3 T20 with less mobility and scouting.

And a high speed stabilizer + APDS

The stabilizer alone drags this vehicle up to 7.0 at least

Edit: R3 also has stabilizer but only at low speed, meaning you can’t make use of its mobility as well as the XM800T could

What is the penetration? APDS means nothing unless it has high penetration.

(edit: especially if it’s placed at Rank V which is dominated by heavy tanks)

Also stabilized 20mms means absolutely nothing. Again- the R3-T20 basically comes with a stabilizer in practice

They might implement this one as SPAA one

A full stabilizer allows you to circle around the enemy while shooting accurately even at the highest speeds.

The combination of mobility + stab is incredibly strong, because then you don’t have to slow down and become vulnerable to get shots off.

I’m sorry, I edited my previous comment to correct this. The R3 does have a stab, but only a low speed one. It cuts off above 15 km/h IIRC? Or something like that. The difference between limited speed stab and full speed one is significant.

I also don’t neccesarily agree the XM800T is slower than R3. Tracked vehicles are generally superior in War Thunder due to consistent performance on the various terrain types. It also has a ludicrous HP/ton ratio and great top speed.

Also talking about BRs, the R3 is 6.0 right now. The XM800T is superior in almost any metric, and it just cannot be 5.7 without being severely gimped.

Again, I think the M114 fits the bill much better for a low to mid tier SPAA. It is less mobile and lacks stab so it would fit right into 5.7 without any compromises.

I like the XM800T as much as any of us, but we still have to be reasonable when discussing balance. If we suggest that a vehicle should be 1 to 2 BRs lower than it really deserves then people won’t take the discourse seriously.

Remember the Fv721 Fox drama? A 5.7 XM800T would be a repeat of that.

2 Likes

Thats amazing.

Type 87 RCV(P) is a stabilised 20mm with DM63 APDS and that is 7.7.

1 Like

And the XM800T gets a lazer rangefinder unlike the 20mm Type 87