XM800T: Brave Prowess

I’m not ruling out the possibility that the RCV(p) might be slightly overtiered, but a good example nonetheless.

Very comparable vehicle

I think a good starting point for XM800T BR would be 7.3, and subject to go up or down from there

1 Like

Again… on a 20mm cannon. Play the R3. It doesnt perform well against medium/heavy tanks- and that’s good, it’s an SPAA. Even past the speeds that the R3’s stabilizer is supposed to work at the gun stays on target easily.

Maybe. At this point it’s speculation. However in my experience wheeled vehicles have better mobility on the majority of maps. As of now, the XM800T has a significantly lower top speed, and that’s assuming it ever reaches it which tracked vehicles often struggle to do.

How is it superior? The only thing it has over the R3 is that now it will get APDS, which they just never should have given it. Are we going to give the R3-T20 DM63 too and move it up to 7.7? That would suck… The SUB should just be a lower BR given its poor mobility. Again, a stabilizer on a 20mm cannon is absolutely meaningless.

Ok, I realise now that it’s been a while since I played the R3. I’ll see if I can get around to it, and then I’m open to change my mind.

It’s speculation, definitely. We’ll have to wait and see.

Though one drawback to tracked vehicles that comes to mind (and is specific to War Thunder) is the “R”-word. I’ll say it… here it comes…

Regenerative steering

The lack of it, that is. (I hope I didn’t spook any technical staff)

I can’t write a detailed comparison now, but there’s a few things that come to mind. I’ll get back to it later. (Hopefully)

Why not? its hardly the 1st time Gaijin has given a vehicle a weapon that it “could use” but historically didn’t, or not given one something it actually had in the name of balance, the F-4F Phantom getting AIM-9J and the F-4EJ KAI not getting AAM-3s for example. This things gun is a licensed copy of the 20mm Oerlikon KAD which fires a 20×139 mm round, identical to the round that the Rheinmetall Mk 20 Rh-202 uses.

Maybe they should, Its an SPAA and Italy has a gap in its SPAA line up from 6.0 to 8.0 (well there is the ZSU-57-2 at 7.0… but how many people use that thing to shoot anything but tanks?) so give it the reverse treatment of what they did with the VEAK-40 and its 40mm VT shells that it did not use, but would have used if its development wasn’t canceled a few years before they went into production, by removing them and dropping its BR they helped close the massive gap in Sweden’s SPAA tree from 4.3 to 8.7.
And frankly the only real difference between the weasel and the R3 is the APDS, otherwise its a matter of if you prefer thermals or a stabilizer on which one is better.
Oh and the R3 has an extra 15 deg of gun elevation making it a far better SPAA then the Weasel IMO.

1 Like

Sepv3 would be huge wth are you saying

Its apcr. Arguably worse than a 50cal

No need to worry, it will get APDS

1 Like

Saw that, thank god

Is it weird that this little fella is what I’m most excited for in the next update?

I think it will be fun!

1 Like

Nah im the same autocannon rat for us? Hellyeah

1 Like

its not supposed to be an aa

Watch it be classed as an AA just like the R3

they already classed it as a light tank

Well you don’t have to use it like an AA, but I am ;)

I have more air kills with my light tanks than I do with my SPAAs in Ground Battles xD I LOVE light tanks that can perform as AA’s.

yea they can be used as a makeshift aa decently well

At the risk of sounding like a broken record, let me repeat that this thing will (or at least should) have 90°/sec traverse horizontal and vertical, so excellent for AA work

yes I would be able to perform a decent aa role, but it is still classified in game as a light tank

I think you’re right, they refer to it as such in this devblog after all.

However it’s strange that the Wiesel 1 with 20mm is considered SPAA (but with scouting)

I think these are very comparable vehicles so what makes one SPAA and the other a LT?

To be clear: in WT terms, SPAA is a favorable designation to have, as they have the cheapest SP cost. Some SPAA have scouting, which essentially makes them a better light tank.

3 Likes

Unless Gaijin adds another Italian SPAA, that would have a massively detrimental effect on the tech tree. The SPAAs that are viable from Rank I to Rank VI are the CM52 and R3, with the M42 Contaereo being just short of viable due to its low ammo count. The AS 42 isn’t going to help much, and the Leo 40/70 and ZSU-57-2 are both large-caliber and therefore are largely useless as SPAA.

The gap of 2.3-6.0 between the CM52 and R3 is already bad, but having a gap from 2.3-7.7 would just be terrible. Imo, Gaijin needs to keep the R3 exactly how it is now (maybe nerf the HVAP) and move it to 5.3 along with the rest of the non-APDS 20mm SPAAs.

1 Like