XM800T - A Fast Bradley Predecessor

Yeah, after reviewing and looking at it, I believe that is the case, I will try to find some more on it though.

I’d personally prefer if Gaijin added the M114A2 as the US equivalent of the SUB-I-II, and if they added this as a proper light tank.

1 Like

Basically a under gunned Sheridan.

They should add it without the ground radar at 5.7. The U.S. seriously needs a good fast firing 20mm SPAA between the m42 and the m163.

1 Like

+1

I’m not really a fan of unrealistically removing features from a vehicle for balance reasons, the point of the BR system is that it allows vehicles to be placed somewhere and be balanced without compromising on the vehicle’s features. Besides, there are other vehicles that could fit that role for the US.

4 Likes

Lots of vehicles have features added or removed for balance. Abrams doesn’t get m829A3, HSTV-L doesn’t get Delta-6s, American F-5C gets flares… the list goes on. As an American main I’d much rather have the vehicle without the ground radar and have it somewhere in the tree where it would be useful. The 40mm bofers cannons on the m42 and M19 are trash unless you’re playing on console with cheat-assist enabled. America needs something to fill the role that the BTR-ZD and the R3 fill in their respective trees. The only other alternative would be the sister tank developed by Lockheed.

Either way, Gaijin needs to prioritize American mid-tier SPAA.

2 Likes

+1 for main tech tree after the M114A2 which should be exclusively an SPAA without APDS (at ~4.3 BR), so this thing can come at 5.7-6.3 with APDS

Some info from Jane’s Armored Fighting Vehicles 1976:

This info seems to be the exact same as the one OP used in his post. The P/W ratio would be 32.5 hp/tonne, which is 29 HP/ton (game uses tonnes though).

The vertical traverse range is 65°/-20°, kind of mid elevation but great depression.
The horizontal AND vertical traverse speeds are great at 90°/s.
It is equipped with a rather mediocre 500 rounds of 20 mm ammo.

Optics are days/night, but no mention of zoom/FoV.

No mention of radar as far as I can see

The wheeled variant has zoom defined as 3x to 9x, and also mentions radar and other equipment:

3 Likes

We might be seeing our boi in the next major update

1 Like

Would make for a great gap filler and an important step in the IFV program that produced the bradly which has a few vehicles that would fit into WT

+1 - Totally need this!

:)

5 Likes

Here’s the tank destroyer version with a TOW missile turret that was mentioned in the devblog’s Vehicle History section:

Spoiler

Sadly the museum that housed this particular prototype went out of business several years ago after its owner died. Some of the vehicles were dispersed to other museums but this one’s location is unknown and it might have been scrapped.

6 Likes

wonder if this could be aded as a modification? or as a seperate vehicle

Pretty sure it’d need to be a separate vehicle. Light tank with an autocannon and TD with an ATGM turret are very different both to play and to play against.

1 Like

I volunteered at this museum. It still operated long after the owner died but when it closed down all the vehicles were repossessed. The final disposition of most of the vehicles were unknown. Most were to be sent to other museums in the greater area but some, such as the MBT-70 which was confirmed, were acquired by TACOM and scrapped.

2 Likes

Does anyone know of a good source that states the turret rotation speed, other than Jane’s?

I know they don’t consider Jane’s a valid primary source, but rather a secondary one. That means we might need additional documents of some kind.

I’ve been skimming through old issues of ARMOR magazine, and looked at references to this vehicle in Hunnicutt and Zaloga’s various books - but to no avail.

I fully believe it had 90 deg/sec traverse, as it’s predecessor the M114 CRV had this speed too. It doesn’t seem out of the realm of possibility.

congrats on getting your suggestion into the game man

As the XM800T was implemented as part of update 2.37 Seek & Destroy,

Moved to Implemented Suggestions. o7

1 Like