WT players abusing players, WT not doing anything about it

No, that is not how it works at all. The “Automated” msg players get when they have 10 or more complaints against them in a certain time frame is triggered by those reports, that is true. But ALL complaints filed by players(except for tk’s) are looked at by the Game Masters and dealt with accordingly. So even a single report will be looked at by a MOD at some point. The amount of reports they deal with would prolly blow player’s minds. The other thing is, you only report what YOU see as Rules violations while you play/chat etc. Making a report against a player because someone told you too, as the OP is suggesting, is also against the Rules, and unfortunately there is a widespread myth that if a player is reported enough times they will catch a punishment. This is also untrue. Only VAILD reports are acted on and a player cannot be punished more than ONE time for any single violation. So having 10 - 20 even 100 reports for the same thing is pointless, clogs up the complaint system and just creates a lot of unneeded work for the Game Masters. Their job is tough enough, no reason for players to make it more difficult. It’s also pretty thankless for the most part. They deserve more respect. But, unfortunately, a vast majority of the players never bother to read the Rules they agreed to follow and have very little understanding of how the complaint system actually works.
If you see someone breaking the Rules(good idea to read & understand them first) make a report using the in game complaint system and that’s it . . . your job is done. No need to talk about it, ask others to get in on it, make Forum threads/posts about it or post about it in the in game chats . . . just report it and have faith in the system in place . . ez pz . . . lemon squeezy

4 Likes

I really don’t get why people get upset about some 12YO trying to be edgy on the internet. just laugh at them, block them and move on .

People have always acted like this in online games, at least for the 20 or so years I have played them. It’s just recently people want to make a massive scene about it instead of just blocking them and going back to the game.

2 Likes

Ignoring it allows people to think this is ok, and they’ll continue doing it.

There are rules for a reason.

Saying things like this should actually result in a perma-mute.

1 Like

My blocklist unforetunately only holds 100 people and was filled up rather quickly. I first started deactivating “all” chat after that. That filtered at least the loudest rants while winning or losing. Closely followed by “direct message” or “whisper”, because that is the next greater source of incomming insults. Back then the game played slower and you had greater distances, which I used regularly and was insulted for left and right for sniping people at 1500m+.

Sorry, but that seems extremely thin skinned and excessive to me, people do already get chat banned permanently for repeated chat violations. What do you want them banned from the game completely for hurting your feelings? That strikes me as petty.
Do I think people should be saying things like that in game? No, obviously not, there are kids and people with mental issues playing. But there is already a system in place to deal with it. The guy in the screen cap 100% got a chat ban if he was reported.

And there is a system in place for dealing with rule breakers and applying suitable punishments for a reason to.

1 Like

You are the equivalent of guys with torches and pitchforks…Seriously…

Are you a SJW? Man, wake up. There is nothing to see there…

I just quote myself from another thread:

There is only a problem if you want to create a problem.

1. If gaijin would care about toxic language in wt they would have implemented multi-language filters and hired enough staff to punish people which are violating their “Community guidelines” almost in real time.
  2. The fact that such things are not implemented is proof enough that they just follow the general trend in censoring communication as there is legal pressure from totalitarian governments (aka as “democracies”) to control language - and therefore indirectly thoughts.
  3. Just a reminder: This is a shooter - the whole point of playing a shooter is to kill (virtually) other players - so it is all about virtual violence. It is therefore kind of a joke that players complain about speech, which is by definition non-violent.
  4. This whole debate simply avoids the core issue: This game is designed to earn money with minors (with access to credit cards) - that’s why the game shows no blood and has a PG 12 rating.
  5. Most of the guys which like to be offended by everything (weather, climate, CO2, etc.) simply forget that they complain about a bunch of kids which have zero clue what they are talking about - and even if they know what they do: Nobody is enforced to be offended by a text from a random stranger.
  6. And nobody is enforced to play a SJW feeling the need to follow a “higher call” to play chat mod - they simply forget that it is gaijin’s responsibility that their rules are enforced. So it is up them to ask gaijin why they allow speech outside their rule set.
  1. Unfortunately not - if you play long enough you reach very fast the limit of blocking as you can only blacklist 100 people.
  2. I do agree that the in-game all chat shows a hell of extremely toxic language - as i do not want to be enforced to read this stuff i block them - but i have to delete an older entry first as i have always 100 guys blocked.
  3. Imho we need an increase of the limit of 100 players to 2-300 - and the possibility to add an attribute like “chat clown” or “team killer” in order to distinguish blocked players.
  4. And even if you block certain players, quite often you can still read their nonsense in all-chat; had this yesterday…
5 Likes

You can “disable radio” for an individual player, you can still get into games with them but it blocks out all their messages in all chats, I don’t know where you find so many abusive people though, in 5 and a half years I have 12 people on my blacklist, and I think most of those where either cheating, TKing or spamming “attention to the map”/ “attack the D point” non-stop.

1 Like

And that’s why reporting this sort of thing is needed, not growing a thicker skin and ignoring it…

Hence why I said I think they should get a perma-mute for this sort of idiocy because it’s just a game, but they obviously can’t handle that and let thier anger get the better of them, so they should lose their priviledges for it.

Ignoring them doesn’t fix the true issue.

I had a couple earlier on, it’s not that hard to actually find them if you just have chat turned on like many actually don’t.

That is making you incommunicable. I take the D point calls as an over-all plan about the match, and enthusiasm.

Spamming pings on the map though is a sign of panic and demand.

1 Like

I actually think it’s bugged in matches currently… Someone mentioned they were still seeing the blocked players messages in chat, where I know they weren’t able to be seen, and not even able to be clicked on to show.

That’s entirely up to you, I stated that I don’t care what people say in chat and don’t get why people care about the opinions anonymous nobody on the internet. I also stated that this behavior isn’t increasing, people are just making more noise about it and I might add giving the people saying the obnoxious things exactly what they want, attention.

They already do, so a mote point.

yes it 100% dose, I can’t hear them, issue gone.

I have chat on, I just suggest turning it off if you can’t handle the odd jerk that shows up. Sure some people curse out a spawn camper or a plane that is repeatedly bombing the spawn… or a PE-8 that bombs half his own team, put it rarely get excessively vulgar or abusive.

I think the fact that as I stated that I have 12 people blacklisted for 3 different reasons over nearly 6 years should tell you that I am only doing it in extreme cases, not just blocking anyone who calls 2 or 3 times at the start of the match.

Then they shouldn’t spam it on random locations for 5 mins before there is any enemy contact to the point my ears hurt. Go read “The who cried wolf.” there is a lesson in that, both for the ping spammers and the people complaining about chat abuse.

2 Likes

I don’t have any of that problem in my Game ,none at all.I turned chat off.It is a facility the game gave you too.

1 Like

Welcome to the INTERNET, if you dont like it dont read the chat

I ain’t wasting my time pulling out everything you said, but ignoring people doing this, is what leads to more peopel doing it as it becomes more widely accepted… And maybe you think it’s fine, but many don’t, and everyone shouldn’t.

Ignoring the issues, don’t make them go away. Turning yourself off from them, doesn’t make it better, it just makes you deaf to the situation.

Cool, all your posts are spam and hot-takes.

1 Like

Sometimes I just hate my team, I hate basebombers bot-players and I hate when the Game itself helps the noobs.

No one gonna insult you at the top tier. Everyone there received a permanent chat ban. It’s like a medal for a good service.

It’s a competitive game, PvP, not Team vs Team, it has to be toxic and it will be.

2 Likes

Funny how the story changes when you get the full chat log…

Turns out he was telling a damaged team mate to J-out and pull a new tank…

2 Likes

An argument is rarely thoughtful and less so polite, especially on the internet. A “conversation” could and should be. Part of the problem is many people have poor communication skills, basically they do not know how to “talk” to other people, so a good many conversations are doomed before even starting. People tend to react rather than respond. And you speak of those that are “thin skinned” when in fact it is generally those that are ranting, raging, swearing and name calling that have this condition more than the ones offended by these outbursts. And then there is this:
schadenfreude -

1. Pleasure derived from the misfortunes of others.
  2. Malicious enjoyment derived from observing someone else’s misfortune.
  3. delight in another person’s misfortune
    Another thing oft overlooked but as old as time itself I would guess. Not to mention how the also classic “bully culture” that we have today has been overblown by the same lovely internet and electronic devices we all use on a daily basis. People aren’t that nice now, if they ever were . . . lol
    Being dismissive about such things isn’t really helpful, nor is desensitizing these types of issues really.
    We are all responsible for our own behavior, and in part for others here. That’s why we need to report such things. Making us much like a “beat cop” to a degree. We can choose to turn a blind eye/look the other way and ignore it, make valid reports so that such things are recorded and taken care of properly by those assigned to do such things, or as some do, get all emotional, angry and hell bent on revenge/justice and get out the pitchforks, tiki torches and rope . . the choice is up to the individual.
    There was this one book I read a long time ago, had some good/decent stuff in it . . on of my favs
    “All things in moderation” . . it actually works pretty well and makes life easier.
    And folks need to remember, a conversation is not a debate or a battle to be won or lost, it’s an exchange of ideas to create a better understanding of each other . . . that’s all . . save right or wrong for math class . . where it might actually matter . . .
1 Like

During a game the other day, dude in chat was openly talking about wanting to have relations with a child and saying double digits is too old for them, and about trafficking them. At this point i’ve turned off chat as there is nothing good that comes out of reading it.

And yeah, looking at it, that intent does not seem to be “ill willed”, but again . . . poor communication by using a well known internet meme term suggesting “self harm” is still there. Whole thing could have been avoided had he just said “just “J” out man and get another vehicle & get back in the match” . . but as we all know, once you hit that “Enter” button, it’s out there, “Right in front of God & everybody”

Wouldn’t the game be so much better if we could lose this childish element altogether and have a separate game for adults?

1 Like