Not really, considering everyone else is speculating on what EC would look like and you come in proposing a radical shift away from what gaijin have been doing for what, 14 years now, just doesn’t really come off as coherent
The World War mode had some level of shared progress like Helldivers and it actually worked kind of like that with seperate missions to be played by individual players
to accommodate ww2 heavies or to accommodate normies who can drive…
Yeah I didn’t mind WWM back, although i only experienced the last 3 months of it before it was shelved, either way, that sort of system would come a minimum of 6 months to a year after the gameplay loop of ground EC is established
guys I have another idea… WAIT WAIT here me out what if they add infrantry skydiving from the cargo planes BVVD talked about seizing ships and those buildings all around the NE maps?
No thanks
Why is it so hard to have actual roles for APCs and IFVs… I don’t want useless sub-tanks in ground mode, I want a use for them, they are cool…
and I’m thinking maybe tanks could just be on the same NE maps as we have
There is an impending infantry mode with this stuff in mind though
They kinda said that they don’t really want to implement a use for them cuz maps will be small, didn’t they. And we still don’t see any moves towards that.
So the only option of a use for them would be a good ground escalation mode with tanks AND infantry. On maps big enough so APCs and IFVs will be useful.
Wait, literally arma.
what’s NE without the nukes BUT if we have nuke mortars that the ground can use for this ground NE then maybe we can keep the nukes I don’t know what would be escalating without nukes
In the dev stream i watched for the first infantry CBT, oxy said they were seriously considering troop deployment from IFVs, so I’m operating off of that statement.
Either way I want ground EC to be free from CAS or infantry AT teams for a long time
Theyre not going to wheel out the davy crockett buddy 😂
really? so in infrantry we have helis right
I think I only had a single chance to play WWM and the concept seemed really neat.
Asymmetrical gameplay seems like it would be something that a potential ground EC mode could massively profit from, as the air EC logic depends too much on random objectives that just spawn in.
The only way I could imagine an ongoing, mostly symmetrical EC mode would be to have static objectives and a lot of NPC involvement. Have a somewhat large map with a dynamic front that you have to push through to reach certain objectives.
Finish enough objectives or reach a potential HQ and your team wins. Individuals trying to rush through the defenses would face heavy artillery fire and ambushes to prevent them from solo-ing objectives.
Most likely, the only option they will consider, is making IFV spawn troops via “spawn on teammate” feature they made. Thats it, thats not an actual use for them.
Yep this is mostly what I had in mind
Shouldn’t be a tank-only mode for sure, lol.
As Nuclear Thunder should have helicopters.
Nuke mortars like the Atomic Cannon would vaporize the entire map.
What have people complained about in GRB for the longest time, especially top tier…