Wishlist for Germany (WIP)

The question is, is there any way for Switzerland to get a Gripen? Was trialed or something?

The gripen has no place in any TT other than Sweden, it also doesn’t meet the criteria for an addition because Swiss pilots tested Swedish gripens in Sweden, they didn’t even buy one to test in Switzerland.

Swedish TT literally got a Mi-28 bc of their pilots served as gunners in it and they end up not buying then damn thing, if we go buy this logic a Swiss trialed gripen fill the criteria

5 Likes

It’s a stupid addition that 90% of the community doesn’t agree with, should Japan get Flankers?

If you want a gripen go grind out the Swedish tree.

Japan never trailed flankers so it’s not a good comparison

Oh yes, they did.

I don’t need a gripen there is a F/A-18 coming and after it there will be a EFT, i hate C/P just like alot of ppl not bc it’s annoying but bc it just take what unique in a TT and make it like an extention for a another TT, i mean look at German air from 8.3 to top tier there is nothing unique there accept the Alpha jet, but does that mean it can’t be added ofc not, if it needed specifically to fill gaps and give a competitive atmosphere then it should be added.

1 Like

Germany has zero need for a gripen, IF they get the F-18 they have even less need, the devs are working on an appropriate fix right now.

But yeah you explained it pretty well, the German aviation industry is essentially nonexistent post-ww2 until late cold war

Lest hope for it i don’t know how they are going to implement a sub TT without adding a 6th line, but hopefully they do it well bc Switzerland can offer alot of unique stuff.

Compared to ground TT that have only 8 tanks that is C/P the air TT is a disaster.

1 Like

I think Switzerland could be a unique sub, there’s just some lines I don’t want crossed, such as their Mirage IIIs

Also yeah Germany ground is one of, if not the best TT and air is real life accurate, just a bunch of American stuff to hold back the Soviet stuff and Soviet stuff to hold back the American stuff while both sides get their things together for a Cold War gone hot lmao.

Why exactly? Switzerland used one of the most unique variants of the Mirage III, and since France has been leaked to be getting Leopard 1s and 2s I think it’s fair.

1 Like

Most of the French community does not want the Leopards. Mirages are French aircraft and should stay that way, we already have the Milan so what’s a few more in the French TT.

Also most of the mirages were worked on jointly between Switzerland and France.

2 Likes

Doesn’t really matter what the French community wants though, this is what Gaijin have said:

So if the Mirage IIIS comes, it will come to Germany.

3 Likes

What’s special abt the mirage iiis?

“At the moment”

So no, there is no guarantee, and I will do everything in my power to make sure Germany does not get a single Mirage.

The easiest way I see them adding some Swiss jets is by what I said. De-rank the ICE to rank 7 and folder it with the F-4F Late. Then replace its spot with the F-18. The only jet that doesn’t have a good spot to fit by doing this is the Swiss F-5E.

Fixed canards, similar to the Kfir
Taran-18 Radar instead of the Cyrano Ibis
AIM-9P-4 and P-5
HM-55 radar guided missiles (Swiss AIM-26B)
HM-57 IR guided missiles (Swiss AIM-4B)
A total of four missiles could be carried, two Sidewinders and two Falcons
POHWARO RATO boosters

Probably some other stuff too.

1 Like

Sounds pretty nationally motivated…
Even to the point of being extreme.

I recall your bretheren being quite ecstatic and waving german tech in the french tree.
Fact is.
You dont have any say.
Gaijin does what they want.
If they want mirages for us, mirages are what were gonna get

Oh and btw. Prepare to see mirages in china too cuz pakistan subtree has been hinted by bvvd

4 Likes

Why so petty? More than just France used and modified Mirages you know. I think you just need to accept that.

5 Likes

People are fed up with nations getting other nation’s aircraft. It feels lazy, and it dilutes the uniqueness of nations.

It’s only going to get worse the newer aircraft get, and I’m not looking forward to it.

1 Like