(WiP) List of US Built Cold War (1946-1979) Ground Vehicles, Possible Additions

Preface

Hello, I had originally made a list of US vehicles on the old forums. So, I’ve decided to redo said list on the new forums using a different format and style. Rather than just including all vehicles, even those that are already in game. This will only include those that could be added to the game. Also, it will be broken up into separate topics, Interwar-WW2(1919-1945), Cold War(1946-1979), and then Late Cold War - Modern (1980-Present). I’m also taking a bit of inspiration from @Stuhlfleisch 's posts on German vehicles.

Related Topics

US Interwar through World War 2 Ground Vehicles List

US Late Cold War to Modern Ground Vehicles List

This list is a Work In Progress. If you think I’ve missed a specific vehicle, PM me or respond to the topic

Light Tanks

Armored Cars

Medium Tanks

Heavy Tanks

Tank Destroyers

Self Propelled Gun/Howitzer Motor Carriages

Self Propelled Anti-Aircraft Guns

2 Likes

has anybody added anything yet all i see are the categories?

I’m currently working through the ww2 mediums in the other thread. I’ll probably do some of the Cold War Lights and Mediums around Monday after I get home from being away from the computer.

just posted something on that one

M59 with 2x SS.10 or 2x SS.11:

Spoiler

M59 SS10
M59 SS11 2

T113E2 with 4x SS.11:

Spoiler

T113E2 SS11 1
T113E2 SS11 2
T113E2 SS11 3
T113E2 SS11 4

3 Likes

Interesting finds. I’ve also found mention recently in a few documents, of a fair amount of US tanks that were tested with SS.10/11 Launcher units attached. I’ve also found some things mentioning other versions of the M50 with different Rifle setups, like dual repeating recoilless rifles instead of the 6 regular ones, as well as a couple more versions of the T114 with the RR turrets.

I have zero info about these, just the photos that I downloaded a few years ago from a site that no longer exists. (Though most if not all of the site is archived on Wayback Machine.) Most importantly I have no idea if there were any reloads in the hull or if these were purely to test the launchers.

But hey, even if there’s no reloads the T113E2 would still be better than the Zachlam Tager (only 2 fewer missiles and has a .50 cal).

these are just modified M113s aren’t they? or are they a completely different vehicle?

M59 is the predecessor of the M113.

T113E2 is the prototype of the M113A1. Its primary purpose was to test a new engine for the M113, but as seen from the photos at least one of them was mounted with SS.11 launchers. None of the 113s in the game are the original gasoline version, so this would essentially be the same box with different missiles.

ah ok never seen thes before but they would be fun

Another couple of photos I found from the same defunct site, of an M113A1 with a triple HS.820.

I don’t know the context, just that somebody took photos of it. Since it seems to be parked next to a VADS without the tracking radar installed (maybe an XM163 prototype), it was probably an alternate SPAA option that was considered before the M163 was adopted.

2 Likes

The M113A1 (TOW)

It honestly seems like such a no-brainer addition, its literally two US made systems bolted together. I think the top picture is a British one though… not sure

Link

1 Like

While I’m more interesting in seeing the M901A3 (a tech tree M901 with TOW-2), the basic TOW box would also be a simple and easy addition.

There’s a pretty good argument for an M113 line with a recoilless rifle and .50 at around 5.7/6.0 with the Ontos mixed in, In fact there are a bunch of 113 chassis with interesting weapons systems from around the world

1 Like