Why US stuck in 1995?

Seams kinda funny US is has no weapons post 1995 while Russians have crazy fire and forget weapons that shoot from 8 miles away!!

Current US equipment is probably far superior that’s why. Like, to the point that Russia would get railed like it’s a Brazzers episode every game.

41 Likes

uhh… im not russian but irrc the only FnF russian AGM is the KH-38MT (which i already hate) but USA has the mavericks… and spikes exist for others as does the PARS

5 Likes

Russia also has the kh-29t which has a slightly worse lock range to the agm65d. kh-29t is faster and uses an HE warhead but you only get 1 per rail rather than 3 that agm65s get.

1 Like

I mean, not really, I want to know what “unmatched 8 mile range” weapon is.

Because the US has the Hellfire…

If I had to guess - probably Kh-38, which does have impressive range… on a stat card. Good think WT isnt a card game, yea?

Yep. Hellfires still has 11.5 mile range…

The FNF one gets 6kms

doesnt this like… get upwards of 20km lock range in IR mode?

and yeah my bad i forgot about the Kh-29T (12km launch, 8km lock) and TE (30km launch, 15-23km lock) (throw in the TD even lol)

Remember Russia is at least 25-30 years behind the west. They need absolutely up to date, modern gear to stand even half a chance in game.

2 Likes

M1A2 SEPV2 was accepted into service for the US Army in 2008.
F15 MSIP II acquired HMDs in 2007.
AGR-20 - 2012.
AH64D - 2003.

15 Likes

They have basically the same lock range of an agm 65b, they are tv guided not ir like the d

Hahaha yeah, imagine if the m1a2 SEP (1995) was the same br as, say, the T90A (2004)

1 Like

But doesnt it have an older shell, with notably lower pen rather than the correct shell it should have? (let alone the apparent nerfs/limitations to its armour, none of which seem to be present on the soviet equivalents. As well as limitations in the how ERA perforation is modeled?)

A minor addition for the sake of balance (and to stop them complaining too much) but overall the F-15 MSIP II is older than that. As it most of its loadout. By 2007 it would be slinging Aim-9X and Aim-120C5s at a minimum. Also missing BOL and the appropriate radar from 2007 (Considering I think the Su-27SM is from 2003. HMD to close the gap a little from a late-1980s/1990s aircraft is fairly reasonable)

Currently stuck using an older variant of the AGM-114 though, which has more limited range and no FnF ability which entered into service approx 1995. But Hellfires have been in service since 1982 and that is basically the version we have in game at the moment (I think)

There are a few exceptions, but as a general rule of thumb, in game, NATO nations are at least a good decade or 2 behind the soviets

16 Likes

Yep, Su-27SM entered service in 2003. Should be facing Typhoons with ASRAAM and Aim-120C5s :D

Or the Su-25SM3 is from 2015 I think. So that should be facing Typhoons with ASRAAM, Meteor and Brimstones or Tornado Gr4s with ASRAAM and Brimstones. not Tornado Gr1s with PGMs

4 Likes

Maybe. I usually do not get locks until i am within 14-15km out. Probably 20km in perfect conditions.

1 Like

Yep, totally weather dependent. Not used them in a few months, but I was rarely getting locks greater than 10-12km in Sim for quite a while and thats vs stationary targets that dont fire back at a long range with things like Pantsirs. (but that is also limited by TIALD being a bit meh)

Shells and available weapons is a balanced feature after all, otherwise MiG-29 9-13 would have it rightful R-73 and Yak-141 armament could be expanded with R-73, R-77 and anti-ship missiles (lets ignore them being hypothetical/planned weapons for a moment)

1 Like

the te and te lock into tanks under 8 km away like on the regular

1 Like

Of course, but it is none-the-less limited to an older shell for the sake of balance. T-80BVM isnt, it has the most modern shell it could carry.

Tornado F3 AOP (late) technically never used Aim-9 and instead only used ASRAAM.

Sea Harrier FRS1 (sqv) should probably have Aim-9M

Harrier Gr7 should have 6x Aim-9M not 4.

etc etc etc.

Loadouts are always a balancing thing, but as a general rule of thumb, soviets tend to have the best loadout options available for them. Though always exceptions

Brother, you have an F-16 from this century and hundreds of guided SAP-HE rockets that first saw the world in 2012.

You have FnF missiles as well, capable of up to 14km firing range.

What’s the issue?

8 Likes