Why is the Stormer HVM so bad?

Alternatively they just remove the tracers and make the darts ACLOS. But that’s just wishful thinking.

1 Like

Wishful thinking and UK techtree don’t mix, stormer will probably remain saclos, detectable by lwr+mws, and half-broken with a huge red tracer for the foreseeable future.

4 Likes

I am done with the stormer for now (I rater bring the tetrarch or something work’s equivaly good has su25 and ka50 target practice)
It’s completely useless against target’s less than 2.5km Away

It refused to lock on a German hunter Forever and wen I finely got a lock it lost it before The missile could hit

In one game it didn’t lock at all

Oh you wanted to lock the plane in front of you? To bad there is a friendly apache directly behind you let’s lock that instead

And even if it hits its most often not fatal

The usual can’t see high altitude targets(only the pantsir can 2 times higher and farther than anyone else)

3 Likes

Slightly cloudy day… Na can’t lock that glowing aircraft you can clearly see in thermals… Niiiiiice one gaijin

9 Likes

This thing is the most infuriating. Wish gaijo would fix it, but I guess they have better priorities. Like turning the game into Fortnite, apparently.

7 Likes

FYI for those not aware yet.

The phasing issue has returned in patch 2.37.0.96.

Despite it being fixed for a short while now, its back.

Gaijin everybody.

4 Likes

Yay…

4 Likes

Not as bad as it was previously, but its back.

Im having games where it works flawlessly like it did prior to 0.96, and games where it just phases.

Has it been bug reported?

Yeah I dropped one.

https://community.gaijin.net/issues/p/warthunder/i/XdTH33bPXpQS

3 Likes

For fucks sake.

Gaijin, just cut your losses and give it the LMM, or will we need another 8+ months of no working spaa?

5 Likes

The sight stabilization used in apache is completely different compared to something that would be used in an armored vehicle. I still expect the adats to have sight stabilization though.

It’s working fine now. What’s all this panic over nothing?

its hit and miss.

sometimes its working as it was, then theres phasing for no reason.

since 0.96 ive had matches where it works, and matches where it doesnt.

The worst one so far, i had an SU25 long dive on me from about 4+ miles, every one of my starstreaks phased through.

I then engaged an attack drone, first one phased, second one self destructed on the drone causing no damage, third finally killed it.

Skill issue

1 Like

I have no issue taking out tanks either. managed to T80 and M1 the other day.

Its just sporadically phasing through aircraft again

1 Like

Didn’t notice any difference, everything hits. Rare cases of “phase” is normal, because the bug is desync-based and developers can’t fix it completely. You’re either very unlucky or more likely just missed and due to the awkward zoom of the stormer didn’t realize it.

2 Likes

I’ve been playing the stormer for a few days straight before 0.96 dropped, in my quest to finally spade it, and had absolutely 0 issue.

Now all of a sudden there’s phasing.

I’m not missing shit, when I clearly see the darts pass through aircraft.

There’s also the issue of the tracer not being in the missiles.

3 Likes

ah yes the “everything wrong” tracer which burns so bright that everyone in the locality can see the missile when in reality you shouldn’t see a thing

6 Likes