Why is the Stormer HVM so bad?

We’ll ignore how it’s autoloader now can fire all its ammunition from the ready rack, how it overheats but it doesn’t affect it whatsoever…

Yes, it happens a lot here, get used to it haha

Also, this is a stormer thread so you know

So long as clouds are a work of fiction and fantasy, not really. Scout Drones get a bit tedious but well… they’re scout drones

1 Like

I might be wrong but ever since autoloaders introduced spalling became even more inconsistent.

It feels like Autoloaders are absorbing the spalling too much, not to mention repair time for autoloader is too short.

3 Likes

Oh yeah. I shot at a T-72 in a custom with L23A1 and the Autoloader ate the round. It’s definitely a good module to hit when the enemy doesn’t have a round in the breech but if they do then a breech shot is the only choice. Also having a round in the breech like on the Petard and Sturmtiger would make breech shots deadly instead of a minor inconvenience.

1 Like

I haven’t played around that BR since the oatch, but if that is the case… well I wouldn’t be surprised, modules have in the past and continue to eat shells randomly.

Shouldn’t the Stormer’s FCS filter out these things? I remember reading two articles that mentioned ADAD filtered out noises and objects that did not correspond to targets. I can try to find them later. We also know that Starstreak is immune to all known types of countermeasures.

3 Likes

Gaijin have already said were not getting this.

4 Likes

It was targeting flares, then it was removed via bug report, and it is back now

I’ll take “things that never happened” for £500 alex.

Really I must be living in alternate dimension to all these people claiming that the starstreak apache was a plague that swept over the land because I’ve literally never seen a single person using it to kill ground targets. There is hardly anyone at top tier on the UK team to begin with.

2 Likes

It’s funny how often bugs are reintroduced. I can’t stop thinking about how chaotic the codebase must be

2 Likes

That’s the 3rd or forth time then, I’ve already bug reported it once, and I’m sure you or gun used it a 2nd time to report the same issue a while ago prior to that someone reported it before me

1 Like

Ehh

1 Like

Fun aye

Wrong code, way to clean

this might be seen as slightly controversial but i have been having a realy good time with starstreaks and the stormer and i have ended up replacing the adats at top tier with it i have had 1 or 2 times where the missile did not hit the target but the vast majority of the time it one shots or causes them to spin out of control

I still use the stormer at top tier, not because its better, but because i am not FCKING SPADING the ADATS to get thermals to make it usable…

3 Likes

well i have the adats spaded but the main reason is it performs 90% of the adats job in the anti air role and it costs a fraction of it if you are not first spawning them both, and finaly it is a faster chasie

ADATS would be better if it had 6 things it should
1: ACLOS missiles
2: E/O queue to radar
3: Better thermal quality
4: Less spastic missiles
5: A stabilised sight considering it’s based off of the Apache
6: Shoot on the move capability.

All of these are possible however it’s just hard finding proper sources. I hope the MMEV fixes a few of the issues that we have with ADATS.

9 Likes

this was my thoughts. I use it to kill BMPs when the opportunity presents in my Stormer (or if its desperate enough and I have nothing else to spawn) but I can’t say I saw masses and masses of British Apaches in the same way that I saw Ka-50s and 52s bumrushing with S-13OFs and demolishing entire teams…

10 Likes

Bonus