Why is the Stormer HVM so bad?

Old crew stations

Spoiler

The link does not work, so here it is Qhttps://youtu.be/LH40W2-C3LM?si=d4R43z27MxPBI8IX&t=39

Commander screen, fullscreen IRST display

Gunner screen, sight cooling

More gunner screen

1:15 3:36 5:15

https://youtu.be/iV5OhGzMoHc?si=OMuoZ_My1z_1RdAb&t=75

4 Likes

The ADAD can detect hot ground targets, but given how much else it already detects in game (flares, aircraft, dead aircraft on the ground, missiles/rockets) there is already enough clutter, adding in GT’s and dead GT’s would reduce your situational awareness with extra useless contacts on the ADAD.

Unlike a A2G radar which can provide more than azimuth, so the IRST detecting GT’s would be a nerf in my eyes.

3 Likes

That is where the commander comes in. The thing is the touch screen, and commander identify things, so it can filter out flares as they are not feed to the system as things needing attention.
No, i have no written proof for that if you ask

Right but we don’t have that in game. So its extra work, extra work makes the vehicle less effective. Given it cannot IFF GT’s as well. So you will be constantly distracted by friendly tanks.

1 Like

Well it for sure can, it is a combination
you spot a friendly, and commander presses 2 buttons, Ground tgt and friendly
On the ADAD in this situation is a fixed wing that is yet to undergo IFF, that is why it have fixed wing symbol and yellow background

Sadly that thing requires the sight to be aimed at things, as ADAD does not feed video, just like IFF

I mean within game, non of these things are features in game, so adding GT’s to the ADAD detection will just be added as is, it will detect all GT’s within 7km and clutter your display with useless targets.

1 Like

Yea, sadly, so maybe in the future :D
Lets just keep it at the back of our heads

Also is it possible to just let devs know it has an option like that without asking them to add it, or is it to be doen when the thing is to be added?

I would only bother reporting it if all the targeting making etc was in game.

Ok, maybe new things will surface in the meantime

As with most things, stick with it long enough and chuck enough money at it and you can get rid of most of your problems (unless it’s called the BLOWPIPE). But if there is something you can rely on, it’s that our government will sooner go for the “cheaper” option and then spend 10 times the budget just for them to not like it and go for whatever would fill the role.

3 Likes

SA80 wasn’t even much of a refit to be fair, only very minor changes where made, the big thing H&K did just remanufacture everything with better QC. The main production site for the A1 was in Nottingham, near enough for the west midlands “quality” to seep in

4 Likes

playing from australia with minimum 200 ping i just dont play it. just give it LMM already gaijin your netcode for these missiles has never and will never work for “high” ping

The SA 80’s development is a god damn horror show and a prime example of “don’t tell the people producing guns their job is ending soon”

Other fun stuff I have heard over the years of causally looking at is that troops were apparently told NOT to oil the firearm in places that very much need lubricant. that and maintenance practices were abysmal in general which heavily contributed to the failures of the gun.

Buuut everyone likes to go “HAR HAR Germany fixed the gun” despite H&K being a part of I think royal ordnance at the time

The L85A1s were rubbish, but the later versions fixed most of the issues.

oh for sure. but a lot of issues were from terrible terrible education on how to care for a firearm.

From what I’ve heard the main problem with the A1s was the really low quality recoil spring. In the weapons handling course, the first thing you’re taught to check after a misfire is if the bolt has actually come forwards all the way.

yeah that was another thing I heard bad quality materials. cheeping out on metal components where high quality is MANDITORY.

buut lets keep this on topic lol before we derail too much. :P

Yes it was British owned at the time

1 Like