Why is the Stormer HVM so bad?

Well, the early ones do not, later ones idk, i do not know a thing about russian irst

su27 IRST does range find and gives speed

Some systems can. and there is always trigonometric ranging techniques to fall back on. The PIRATE sensor (Eurofighter) uses passive ranging(Angle, Rate.) techniques to estimate range.

1 Like

Yea, forgot about that, but point for the stormer still stands. It is unable to do it afaik, and it has the laser either way so it was probably not needed to add that.

I mean it looks like it might mean laser range finder, but the Devs will just ask me how I know for sure that it is. Which I cannot confirm.

It’s very likely the Stormer uses its guidance lasers for range finding as well as guidance but its also possible it does passive ranging like the PIRATE on the ETF.

Great photos though, should be enough to remove the vignette from the weapon sight and have more FOV as a result.

4 Likes

yeah they really fucking ruined starstreaks, even with 20 ping or less, i have to lead the starstreak itself a full aircraft length or more ahead, and even them im lucky if i hit the tail of the jet, its more fun to kill mbts and light tanks with it though

I can give you more screens views if you want
Gunner

Commander

The first one should be enough with the others. I’ve reported that internally now.

4 Likes

Commander

3 Likes

Nice

It’s from here: https://youtu.be/RxenpjqrPLg?t=69

Not from inside the Stormer (HVM), but it’s very likely the same screen. Probably some simulation room for training.

Yea, and it shows a different feed. It shows map with IRS data markers and a small video feed, while this one

Shows video feed and small IRS scope

Also what is that?
Ground? Grouped?
Looks like ground, so Stormer ground radar?

“Ground Tgt”, ground target. I think.

2 Likes

Hehe, stormer gorund radar :)
Would be cool to have the feed put on the minimap i guess

@Gunjob we getting ground radar(IRST) with that? (i would also love feed on the map, but that is not a thing in game)

These symbols coincide with those used by NATO, the “NATO Joint Military Symbology” (APP-6D standard). See the examples of rotary-wing and UAV. The supposed “Ground Tgt” is similar to the “ARMOUR” symbol.

ex01

armour

1 Like

That + LMM might put Stormer at 12.0, oh it might

would it get missiles that work?

LMM, its is slower but has a proxy and can pen armour