Why is the Stormer HVM so bad?

Just give it Martlet if they can’t fix the problem

7 Likes

Legit watched my missile phrase thought 2 seperate helicopters and a plane. My conclusion in that it can’t even do air defence anymore, and it’s stuck to only being about to kill light tanks

2 Likes

Had a fun time yesterday in a helicopter where a stormer fired at least 3 shots, probably 4-5. And all of them missed due to my aggressive manouvering (sliding slightly left and right, maybe up and down if i was feeling spicy) at 3km range.

At the end i just stopped manouvering to secure the kill on the stormer, just in case their weapon decided to function one day

I don’t bother to spawn it anymore, it’s effectively useless.

Just goddam replace it gaijin.

1 Like

Gaijin blocked everyone with a notification from the British Tree thank you Gaijin for fixing the game

I’d like to think this shot should’ve registered, but no…like all my other shots in quite a few games… Nothing… **Am researching ADATS as quickly as possible…so get away from this Stormer peice of crap. Oh…it’s ok against choppers, sometimes… **Edit, may have been ping or network blah blah blah…but that’s a clear hit…x2 darts hit two weapon pods on that planes left wing.

6 Likes

Saw this thread and wanted to add my 2 pence in.

So from my experience the stormer is a mixed bag of shite, your capabilities decline on a large amount of variables and the vehicle as a whole is akin to the Ross Rifle, shit unless its use in the right conditions.

On a good day you can take out a large amount of air assets and maybe kill a light ground target or 2, however majority of the time your out performed by every other system in the game.

Factors that affect your performance
Ping - With these missile yes it matters a whole lot, so if your not on your home sever region your not hitting very well.
Flares - IRST is more affected by chafe and flares than radar or heat seeker missiles for some reason.
Minimum launch of 1.2km - Good luck trying to hit anything within that range.
Helicopters - It’s either they tank 2-4 missiles, or they early game rocket rush you and are within minim range.
Aircraft - They are more than 12km, are not going in a straight line or are above your search height.
Friendly SAM’s - They will get everything before you.
The enemy ground forces

I have found as well since the missile update the way the missile behave has gotten worse drastically, in fact it has been a steady decline for 2+ years.

I would like to see some improvements in this vehicle like the ability to fire at close targets, maybe even new missiles as an upgrade but thats too hopeful for anything in the UK tech tree these days.

2 Likes

Wasnt Stormer IRST supposed to filter out flares?

2 Likes

No. Here is Russian source that says otherwise
download (1)~3

4 Likes

Most definately and it used to in game but it was broken with… I want to say La Royale?

yes i did a bug report on it funny enough my gepards lock was lost to flares last night i think its bugged on everything

Gepard uses radar lock… So either it locked chaff or something is very broken.

Adats is having the same issue atm

Just a theory on the Stormer HVM pass through issue have you tried locking the game to different frame rates to see if there is some frame rate mess. I know in other games physics and other game features are tied to frame rate and when the frame rate goes higher or lower than the intended FPS for such stuff it causes it to go schizo.

My other theory is as it seems to happen to jets for the most part but sometimes helicopters it’s a server tick rate problem and the servers don’t update fast enough. Because this issue has plagued the stormer for years outside of this recent impact fuse bug.

I suspect the actual hit boxes for the darts are not synced with the animation.

3 Likes

I’ve had problems with props and helis that are not moving so I’m not sure.

Well for some reason tbey are flying are further apart than before causing situations where 1/2 of the darts will hit a plane or helicopter at anytime the 3rd will miss more often than not because they are not grouped tight enough. This causes insufficient damage to the vehicle in most cases

I don’t think this was mentioned, but with Thales data sheets on LMM land based launch they give an operational range of less then 6km, and for aircraft launched (helicopter) less then 8km.

we are interested in the AVS data sheets wich states among other things:

Automatic target tracking and engagement
providing fire and forget system capability

and gaijin also chose to ignore the > and <…

1 Like

What do we know about the inertness of the propellent used? I’m tired of getting killed by ammo racking