Why is the Stormer HVM so bad?

These are what i want to play the most rn

I don’t think it’s that black and white. When we see videos of the starstreak in use, and compare it to in game, it’s clear it’s not performing as it should do. It’s frustrating to see the first change they implement in a long time is something which is technically a nerf. I’m not saying it shouldn’t have the correct G limit, but clearly there is something else wrong with the physics model of the dartlets. The G-limit was quite a bit higher than it should be, but the darts still weren’t able to get on target as well as they are shown to in real life. I guess this is partly due to the min range. Is that also able to be changed?

2 Likes

https://www.reddit.com/r/Warthunder/comments/182imyh/stormer_hvm_going_through_target_and_not_hitting/

😔

1 Like

Yea, seems normal to me.

From Launch to maneuver will be corrected to 370m.

5 Likes

What is it currently?

I think it’s around 600 but I could be wrong.

1 Like

Min range feels like well over 800 meters with how slowly the darts get on target initially. Pop-up attacks are basically uncounterable, and enemies below 1km are nearly impossible to get a good launch on, in my experience.

A sort of “lead indicator” for very close targets would be nice.

3 Likes

The automatic lead it has IRL would be incredibly useful on this thing but I seem to remember Gaijin saying they won’t implement it. Which is a shame because I feel like it’s the only way to get it back to the state it was in that one patch about 2 years ago where you just had to hold the crosshair on the target and the thing would intercept fast targets successfully (aka how the thing should work…).

5 Likes

Iirc the reason it will not be implemented were it would put too much load on the game (? I mean maybe, but would it be the same thing that spaa radar already does, but just with your cross moving around more) and because it would be unfair compare to other spaas (but now it is not the fastest missile, and lack of proxy would ballance autotrack imo)

Either way just had a match where I had 10 of my 16 missiles phase through two different planes. First was a Mig 29 which was stalling out at one point and the missiles still went straight through. The other was a head on with a SU22 and they still went straight through from nose to tail and did nothing.

The vehicle is completely unusable at the moment.

1 Like

I wonder and i cant comperhend it, what causes this bug? Like seriously what causes a whole 3 things to lose colisons. And why not make a temporary fix by adding a near point blank proxy? Better that than unusable missile.

1 Like

Why not a temporary fix indeed.

I simply cannot imagine the russian team being left with no goddam spaa from 8.3 to 11.7 for what, six months?

I won’t say any more as if I truely spoke my mind, I’d be banned in a heartbeat.

9 Likes

Yeah its gone can’t find it
Maybe it got political
or maybe not

And here’s the coverup I was talking about.

2 Likes

Like i didn’t even say you were right and it gets flagged

I’ve been thinking. When the Stormer gets 100% fixed with all of the bells and whistles it’s lacking it will go up in br. Probably only to 11.0 or 11.3 but it will go up. This will leave a gap between the 8.3 Marksmen and the stormer HVM. They’re going to have to add the Stormer 30 or the Rooikat SAM to replace it. Is there any other alternatives or is that it? I wouldn’t mind the Warrior VERDI-2 but it does seem a little bit too capable.

That is a hard No, as it was a mock up. And they will add something. I can promise you, if they want they will find something to fill the gap.

They have the model for it. It would be a waste not to use it

Well, they do not accept mockups so as soon as they lerned that it was one they panicked and removed everything bout it