Why is the Stormer HVM so bad?

Fun aye

Wrong code, way to clean

this might be seen as slightly controversial but i have been having a realy good time with starstreaks and the stormer and i have ended up replacing the adats at top tier with it i have had 1 or 2 times where the missile did not hit the target but the vast majority of the time it one shots or causes them to spin out of control

I still use the stormer at top tier, not because its better, but because i am not FCKING SPADING the ADATS to get thermals to make it usable…

3 Likes

well i have the adats spaded but the main reason is it performs 90% of the adats job in the anti air role and it costs a fraction of it if you are not first spawning them both, and finaly it is a faster chasie

ADATS would be better if it had 6 things it should
1: ACLOS missiles
2: E/O queue to radar
3: Better thermal quality
4: Less spastic missiles
5: A stabilised sight considering it’s based off of the Apache
6: Shoot on the move capability.

All of these are possible however it’s just hard finding proper sources. I hope the MMEV fixes a few of the issues that we have with ADATS.

9 Likes

this was my thoughts. I use it to kill BMPs when the opportunity presents in my Stormer (or if its desperate enough and I have nothing else to spawn) but I can’t say I saw masses and masses of British Apaches in the same way that I saw Ka-50s and 52s bumrushing with S-13OFs and demolishing entire teams…

10 Likes

Bonus

Alternatively they just remove the tracers and make the darts ACLOS. But that’s just wishful thinking.

1 Like

Wishful thinking and UK techtree don’t mix, stormer will probably remain saclos, detectable by lwr+mws, and half-broken with a huge red tracer for the foreseeable future.

4 Likes

I am done with the stormer for now (I rater bring the tetrarch or something work’s equivaly good has su25 and ka50 target practice)
It’s completely useless against target’s less than 2.5km Away

It refused to lock on a German hunter Forever and wen I finely got a lock it lost it before The missile could hit

In one game it didn’t lock at all

Oh you wanted to lock the plane in front of you? To bad there is a friendly apache directly behind you let’s lock that instead

And even if it hits its most often not fatal

The usual can’t see high altitude targets(only the pantsir can 2 times higher and farther than anyone else)

3 Likes

Slightly cloudy day… Na can’t lock that glowing aircraft you can clearly see in thermals… Niiiiiice one gaijin

9 Likes

This thing is the most infuriating. Wish gaijo would fix it, but I guess they have better priorities. Like turning the game into Fortnite, apparently.

7 Likes

FYI for those not aware yet.

The phasing issue has returned in patch 2.37.0.96.

Despite it being fixed for a short while now, its back.

Gaijin everybody.

4 Likes

Yay…

4 Likes

Not as bad as it was previously, but its back.

Im having games where it works flawlessly like it did prior to 0.96, and games where it just phases.

Has it been bug reported?

Yeah I dropped one.

https://community.gaijin.net/issues/p/warthunder/i/XdTH33bPXpQS

3 Likes

For fucks sake.

Gaijin, just cut your losses and give it the LMM, or will we need another 8+ months of no working spaa?

5 Likes