Why is stacking boosters against 'the spirit of the game' and frowned upon?

His answer is dismissive, he’s not tech support but a community moderator, how does he deduce the issue cannot be replicated within 5 minutes of reading a bug report?

Either way Knight’s answer shouldn’t’ be deleted and ignored and rather be addressed and clarified.

1 Like

I disagree with your approach

KnightoftheAbyss is in the end the one at fault here because something would have been possible to be done back when the report was just made “gathering logs from the player and so on”

Today it is pretty much impossible to find the root cause of that issue based on that report alone, even with the replay attached, which is why Smin asked for logs next time it happens

If this issue was dealt with appropriately back when it was posted it would have been easier, but Smin is not to blame here.

1 Like

Yea, crashes and hangs are a nightmare, and 2 months old would mean it’s a needle in a haystack situation.

It should’ve been treated more as a client issue and queried as to whether or not they had actually encountered it since

He’s wrong because of what he said, the fact that is 2 months later is just another cherry on top.

Today it is pretty much impossible to find the root cause of that issue based on that report alone, even with the replay attached, which is why Smin asked for logs next time it happens

Yeah, like the logs provided 2 months ago that can no longer be used because it took them 2 months to respond, so now he has go through the same issue again, report the same issue again, post logs again and hope that magically it won’t be ignored all over again?

And if you’re unable to determine the cause, then say so, rather than say ‘‘it’s a one off’’ when it’s not.

Smin is doing damage control and a poor job at it by removing Knight’s comment and fails to address it.

Which, do keep in mind, can be partly attributed to the fact that KnightOfTheAbyss set the bug report as “not a bug”.

They set that 2 months down the track though, it wasn’t set as not a bug 2 months back. There’s no excuse for it, but it’s not gone to the bottom of the pile and sat for 2 months, it’s been thee, and it just got flagged now style.

He did that 2 months after the initial bug report and when OP rightfully had an issue with this stinker of a response where he is the one blamed for the situation and posted it to Reddit, then suddenly that changed.

I mean, I agree with what you are saying but

1 - It’s not Smin’s job to answer on technical issues on time, this was a fail from the tech mods

I do agree that the “deleting comment” to clean is… a bit off but that’s not what I’m adressing here

I adress the fact that Smin is not responsible about the fail surrounding that bug report, and his answer, while being late because of the fails of the Tech support, is logic and normal.

Again, having a similar position in another videogame “tech support/ GM” I totally see where he is going there

Ah, my bad. I thought that it had happened roughly when the bug report happened.

1 Like

It’s not Smin’s job to answer on technical issues on time, this was a fail from the tech mods

Then why is he answering on technical issues?

I adress the fact that Smin is not responsible about the fail surrounding that bug report, and his answer, being late because of the fails of the Tech support, is logic and normal.

No one said Smin was wrong for the initial fail, Knight is wrong for making a mess of the situation and a disrespectful way of treating a player and his report, and Smin is wrong for trying to cover it up without properly resolving the situation in a reasonable manner and instead being dismissive about it.

It wasn’t a horrible response. They were being honest for once. lol

But yea, I WAS keen to do work 8-10 months back, but not really anymore… The players on the forums have shown in many ways they aren’t worthy of my time, and effort in genuinely fixing any troubles or guiding them towards getting things better.

I find my time more valuable to making good puppies.

Well, maybe Smin has also the role of dealing with issues with the Tech team ? I can’t pretend to know the full extent of his work area

But, it seems his job here is to fix the mess Knight made towards the player by actually giving them the clues to help fixing the issue if the problem comes back

So now you are being passive aggressive? lol

Did I refer to you? Well yea, I did, but I don’t care how you take it, fact is you know you’ve been unreasonably hounding.

You are part of the issue, ther’s a considerable number of rude and unreasonable people who pick and pick and pick and make assumptions on the regular which highlights the actual issue is a septic part of the community being let to run wild…

Just because you don’t get agreed with doesn’t make me an open target, but you think that it should… That’s dumb on a discussion forum.

Anyway, personally I don’t think we should focus on Smin’s answer
Yes, it’s not the best, but it’s not the core issue in this thread

The issue is the root cause of all this, how some of the Tech team allow themselves to insult their customers for no apparent reasons, while ignoring legitimate bug reports

That’s where we should point for Gaijin to fix because it gives them very bad PR

And he failed at fixing the mess.

The reality is their their consistent and ongoing failure to address bug reports in a timely manner prevents them from dealing with the bug report and thus they are not able to resolve it.

The other reality is that what Knight said does not represent Gaijin’s view on the use of boosters and players are free to stack boosters as they wish, this is not against any rules or the spirit of the game… or does it?

The reality is not that this is an one off bug, and the reality is not that Knight never said anything.

There is a refusal to take responsibility for mistakes and instead the go-to is always to hide it and then silence the critics.

1 Like

Just a simple clarification question to your off topic comment?

Shhh lol, you’re pathetic… Stop trying so hard, it shows desperation.

I was saying as to why I can’t be bothered to actually help out in terms of guidance, and checking this crap over… You’d rather them be spammed with useless reports being of that spiteful mindset.

The irony of you providing an example of why your “help” isn’t appreciated, while you bitch about your help not being appreciated.