Why is it so expensive to spawn a jet with AMRAAM's in Ground RB?

To spawn a Ka-52 with 12 Vikhr’s is roughly half the cost of spawning a jet with AMRAAM’s… why?

It’s almost as expensive to spawn a jet with a full compliment of ground assault weapons as it is to spawn one with AMRAAM missiles…

This makes absolutely no sense.

4 Likes

CAS would have hard time dodging more effective CAS counter and as such the access to amraams needs to be heavily nerfed because CAS needs to bomb entire ground map unopposed, because that is healthy to game. /s

3 Likes

Seems like CAS players cried too hard, so Gaijin had to calm down their babies.

4 Likes

Cause AMRAAMs make CAS unplayable, which is the opposite extreme of CAS being OP which is less of an issue than CAS being killed anywhere on the map.

Just another symptom of the broken-beyond-repair spawn point system.

A2A weapons of any kind should never be costly under any type of SP system, not even the one Simulator uses.

1 Like

Idk, for some reason Gaijin really likes to make CAS be very strong. And I say this as a pretty frequent CAS player myself. I think if somebody spent 400-500 SP to play as SPAA, they are very much allowed to be effective at killing CAS. And as you mentioned, there are still plenty of CAS planes that can take A2A armament, including fox 3s, as well. So it’s not like these CAP pilots are super safe themselves.

The increased fox 3 SP costs also made the makeshift SLAMRAAM AV-8B (which I quite liked) just honestly not very useable. Paying 650+ SP to play SPAA is not what the US, Italy or the UK needed, as the ADATS already had an SP problem (and well the Italians… heh…). It wasn’t exactly a broken strat either (missile range wasn’t super insane) and those nations (not the only ones) could use a bit better SPAA already.

A plane getting killed “cross-map” is way better than a tank being killed from a plane it didn’t see.

As some might say: Just notch

4 Likes

It’s even better, while on air, you have your RWR screaming at you that something is coming, you don’t have this kind of head’s up with a ground vehicle.

Just spot the maverick with your eyes and smoke bro it isnt that hard” - an actual thing said to me by a CAS main

2 Likes

Because then the SU25 would have a reliable counter and we can’t have that now can we. Literally the only reason and it sure didn’t take long for them to not only notice it but “fix” it. Lol to those saying it would make CAS unplayable. They didn’t make AirRB unplayable and they wouldn’t make CAS that either. They would keep CAS honest is what they would do just like Pansir currently does if you happen to be lucky enough to have them on your side.