Why is gaijin not developing british top tier naval

They do though. According to navweaps only 4 guns have a raw penetrating capability above 30 inches; Italian 380mm guns on Littorio at 32", US 16"/50 at 32.6", Japanese 46cm 3rd Yr. Type at 34", and the German 40.6cm SK C/34 at 31.7". And even then I have trouble believing the Italian figure despite it using the USN formula.

1 Like

good look ever getting the H class BB’s in game with almost nothing of them made

Guns were made, hull was laid down, iirc turret construction started as well. That fits Gaijins specifications.

2 Likes

ok but only 80 tones of steel was laid down for one and 800 tones for another

also do you know what the estimated pen of the 16 inch guns of the lion class as it would either be those or the super charged rounds of vangard for britian that would have the most pen i presume

That’s enough for Gaijin it seems. Likely to allow Germany to get H-39.

Navweaps has the 16" gun at 29" and the 15" gun at 27". I don’t know if that’s the increased charge number or not. However, Vanguard and the other ships with rebuilt turrets capable of elevating to 30 degrees never received supercharges.

1 Like

@Gunjob is there a chance of brittan getting new top teir navel ships this year as it has been a long time since anything meaning full was added to the high end of the tree

Not my area, plus you’d want to be asking a community manager that.

whos area is it as i am not sure who to ask

There’s the CM’s who you could ask but they will either not tell you or give you a cryptic answer as Gaijin doesn’t tend to release their new additions plans ahead of time.

You would likely be better off asking a suggestions/technical mod who is more often in the naval domain.

The only one who comes to mind is @HK_Reporter but I doubt he knows ahead of time or even if he did he could tell you.

AFAIK it was calculated with the standard projectiles without supercharges.

The later Lion class guns were increased in pressure, length, round length and had superheavy shells in the works. They also had supercharges and autoloaders in the works. But no data actually exists that I can find.

It will definitely be in the national archives somewhere as the 16 inch mk.4 was built and tested with these new things apparently.

ok i am just genuinly curious to why there has been so little developent of one of if not the largest navel powers at the point in history we are talking about

There’s only 2 ships I would expect, they will be good ships however.

One is the Queen Elizabeth Class the other is the R-Class both are equal to Germany’s Bayern Class ships.

The British interwar ships I do not think you should expect.

Nelson is better than Mutsu in her current configuration and also better than Colorado, HMS KGV I expect Gaijin to wait to add once Bismarck is here also she would be pretty much impossible to kill on the main belt as it is thicker than even Scharnhorsts.

yeah i would expect the same as the only ship to top it armor wise i belive was yamato

The largest naval power in this point of history also happens to be Britain and we know how Gaijin tend to go with relation to Britain.

I do agree however, Gaijin has consistently indicated that nations which have more will receive more, and Britain has the highest number of Dreadnought classes ever so we should have the most.

I think its the worst thing for the tree that even where we should be top-dog we aren’t.

Yes the only ship with a thicker belt was Yamato and when you factor in armour quality it reportedly got as little as half an inch of effective thickness.

so i spent some time last week working out how many ships for each nation apart from russia and america had left to add and britian has a similar number left to add compared to all all other nations combined apart from when you add america to the list of nations when talking about ships that were actually built. with 15 for britain and 17 for all nations excluding russia but i may have missed 1 or 2

And not only are there those built but many have multiple refits too so potentially even more to choose from if you try to figure out which refit to add.

On scharnhorst it still blows my mind she was added so soon. She was not intended to go up against battleships at all but destroy everything less then a battleship. The reason she out performs battleships is she has ww2 level hull design. People tend to focus on belt and deck armour but fail to recognise the huge improvements to design philosophy by ww2. Multiple deck plates, angled and inner huls and internal belts as well as more and better bulkheads and damage mitigators. Scharn has all these things. Ww2 ships I hope will see her br go up and be placed to be used as a battle cruiser vs battleships of her period. She won’t hold up so well vs those mentioned above.

2 Likes

Yeah I also broke it down a while back, the UK has the joint highest number of applicable Dreadnoughts for the game tied with the US and it might actually end up being 1 more due to the Lion class BL 16 Inch MK.4 being built.

Its part of my complete British naval tree post.

2 Likes

On this topic I think Orion might be the worst BB br for br in the entire tree.