Why is gaijin not developing british top tier naval

ok i am just genuinly curious to why there has been so little developent of one of if not the largest navel powers at the point in history we are talking about

There’s only 2 ships I would expect, they will be good ships however.

One is the Queen Elizabeth Class the other is the R-Class both are equal to Germany’s Bayern Class ships.

The British interwar ships I do not think you should expect.

Nelson is better than Mutsu in her current configuration and also better than Colorado, HMS KGV I expect Gaijin to wait to add once Bismarck is here also she would be pretty much impossible to kill on the main belt as it is thicker than even Scharnhorsts.

yeah i would expect the same as the only ship to top it armor wise i belive was yamato

The largest naval power in this point of history also happens to be Britain and we know how Gaijin tend to go with relation to Britain.

I do agree however, Gaijin has consistently indicated that nations which have more will receive more, and Britain has the highest number of Dreadnought classes ever so we should have the most.

I think its the worst thing for the tree that even where we should be top-dog we aren’t.

Yes the only ship with a thicker belt was Yamato and when you factor in armour quality it reportedly got as little as half an inch of effective thickness.

so i spent some time last week working out how many ships for each nation apart from russia and america had left to add and britian has a similar number left to add compared to all all other nations combined apart from when you add america to the list of nations when talking about ships that were actually built. with 15 for britain and 17 for all nations excluding russia but i may have missed 1 or 2

And not only are there those built but many have multiple refits too so potentially even more to choose from if you try to figure out which refit to add.

On scharnhorst it still blows my mind she was added so soon. She was not intended to go up against battleships at all but destroy everything less then a battleship. The reason she out performs battleships is she has ww2 level hull design. People tend to focus on belt and deck armour but fail to recognise the huge improvements to design philosophy by ww2. Multiple deck plates, angled and inner huls and internal belts as well as more and better bulkheads and damage mitigators. Scharn has all these things. Ww2 ships I hope will see her br go up and be placed to be used as a battle cruiser vs battleships of her period. She won’t hold up so well vs those mentioned above.

2 Likes

Yeah I also broke it down a while back, the UK has the joint highest number of applicable Dreadnoughts for the game tied with the US and it might actually end up being 1 more due to the Lion class BL 16 Inch MK.4 being built.

Its part of my complete British naval tree post.

2 Likes

On this topic I think Orion might be the worst BB br for br in the entire tree.

i would say so as it dose not have the super charged shells of marlborough

1 Like

Yeah I think honestly she’s more deserving of 6.3 but then I remember she does decently when her shells actually penetrate.

Hopefully the HMS Centurion which was leaked was to be TT or a counterpart to KGV or Ajax so we can have some more 6.7 ships with the supercharged guns.

yeah while it has less pen they do have an absolutly killer HE round with 88kg of tnt equivalent

Indeed, the guns are not necessarily the ships issue, it is a combination of the atrocious internal layout leeching your crew, poor penetration and poor gun handling.

Hopefully we get the KGV 1911 after Colossus which will be much more worth it.

so this is the pen of each nation for BB/BC from 7.0-6.0 and man france is taking an L

The Courbet-class has 12" guns and the Bretagne-class has 13.4", so not especially surprising.

The laid down Normandie-class were to have the same 13.4" guns, the later Dunkerque-class has 13", and the Richelieu-class was equipped with 15", the largest France could get.

The planned Alsace-class were to have 16" guns, but none were ever laid down.

well other 12 and 13.5 inch guns do out perform it though and the armor of them i dont think they should be at the br they are probably droped by .3

I’m not even sure how we’re supposed to react to this. Just… why?

If it had been French, Italian or British I wouldn’t even have cared… But what made them think this was even a remotely good idea…

1 Like

well at some point they will run out of ships for other nations

I’m not sure what you’re even complaining about. Time-limited unlocks are always awful, so having a third sister of a WWI class as an event vehicle is very sensible. Anything more unique/rare/interesting/new should be in the permanent tree or as a regular premium.

1 Like

i mean if anything nations like britain and america who made the most BB’s during history should have some of them turned into event ships so other nations can have more in the tech tree