Why do CAS players so vocally oppose any suggestions

The air modes have been broken over the years by fighter players with the attention span of a squirrel demanding that bombers and attackers lose more and more significance…a proper markerless EC would be highly welcome here…(markers in Air RB suck)

1 Like

yeah, I miss playing things like a Lancaster in ARB, but i havent touched it since they added Contrails. it is essentially impossible to play in that gamemode these days.

1 Like

Bombers have been crippled by the 4 bomber cap, contrails and 25 minute time limit.

It used to be possible to win matches by achieving the bombing targets, but now there is barely any time to rearm and go for a second drop…

1 Like

Yeah, I think I once won a match in the Buc S2 via score, taking out ground targets, but it was an extremely rare occurance for that to happen and it was on spain, the only decently sized ARB map. Would never have happened on another map

then maybe the problem isnt that grb is allowing too many flies, but that ARB is the gamemode that needs to be changed?

like i said ealier, people of low skill avoid ARB because they fight a full team of fighters. if you look past the “low skill people” look at what im writing down. they fight a team of fighters. they cant properly CAS any more in ARB. so lets turn the thinking around. what if people started to make suggestions on how to change ARB instead, so such people stay out of GRB, where they encounter less resistance to fly their flies?

Maybe.

I do talk about it in this post:

Heck if they added a decent Heli mode outside of GRB, I’d probably play it more than GRB, but it doesn’t exist currently.

Winning increases the multiplier, and only Try Hards care about K/D since we all know Kills has very little to do with RP/progress other than camo being unlocked. So to last a match, keep active (not just kills), and win will give you the most progress. A loss will have a lower multiplier and therefore slower progress.

Again, kills give SL not RP (on the whole)
Activity time (so time and activities) give RP = Progress.

K/D and scoring points do not unlock new vehicles, and at the top there are no more special vehicles than what exist at every tier (just the game is mega-broken at top and always has been).

Maybe it is a lack of knowledge shared that helps cause such odd understandings in the game?

Do they? I mean, you need some sort of proof. And by what metric? (earnings, stats?). For the most low skilled and easy to obtain RP/SL with low risk there is PvE Air (the only PvE mode that gives a chance of return… and for “bad players” this gives THE most easy and risk free progress once you hit 6.7+ zone).

Which means what exactly? I played a lot of ARB in the end and did not see the metas people supposedly see (in terms of how people do ground striking, not being anything like in GRB, and in fact being a lot easier in ARB if you want numbers, and AI air is insta-rewarding for score/RP/SL).

I think the problem is that your route to a “solution” relies too heavily on your own assumptions that are probably not the reality (why people play where and why).

Edit: Never mind… I see you have almost zero experience in ARB and it is just an opinion of no actual experience regarding ARB.

1 Like

Yeah, in ASB, I can farm 100’000s of SL and 10’000s of RP, ground pounding without much risk of ever dying. Even “CAS” is rather easy and only dangerous if you aren’t keeping an eye out for the enemy team. Though it’s extremely boring and monotanous

GRB is only the mode that provides a dynamic challenge for any form of CAS.

I used to be firmly in the “get planes out of GRB” camp, but over the years I’ve learned to deal with it (mainly because I have no other option if I want to play GRB). I’ve come to enjoy swatting planes from the sky with SPAA/SPAAG, and plane on plane kills are always fun. But nothing warms my heart as much as getting 4 or 5 kills with the FAB-5000 from my Pe-8. Well, aside from the occasional air kill you get using the main gun on your tank. That’s the good stuff right there. If Gaijin offered a tank-only GRB mode, I would surely play it. But they don’t, and I really can’t stand ground AB and any sort of SB. So, it is what it is.

5 Likes

You call GRB a challenge, its more like shooting fish in barrel compared to the size of maps in ARB

1 Like

I forget SB (never got to a comfort zone with controls and/or setting up my flight control gear)!

That I agree with. And of course if the enemy (depending on tier) provide no pushback then that “challenge” is not there. So depends what a player is wanting and their personal attitude to engagements and the game in general.

I must say as CAS I found being a fighter/baiter at the start of ARB and then moving to clear ground targets for tickets/score/SL/RP an enjoyable playstyle (I never got into jets apart from first 2 tiers of GB , however, so CAS in ARB experience is all mid to low).

You can see from my Do 335 B2 stats I got a good return on AI and player Air and AI Grounds targets!

1 Like

See that is an attitude I developed very early on and so explains my general opinion on the whole GFRB subject and air within it. It just is how the game is.

If the game moved away from its “appeal to the short length and tiny mapped” games and I came back that would be my view on TO. I’d play it; it is something new/different. There isn’t one so I played with the above in mind.

1 Like

ye, and as I said and you ignored, 0 times any multiplier, still remain 0.

Kills DO give RP and SP.
“Activity time” require you to be high in the scoreboard to increase your activity score. And the best way to do that (actually the only one), is to get kills.

You’re just ignoring the very, very evident fact that anyone, you included, is going for the kills rather than for the objective simply because is more rewarding that spawning in a AAA hoping for an enemy plane to come over you.

Sorry but that is not making any sense.

I’d relearn the game. You are wrong in the fact kills give a TINY amount of RP. RP is earned as I stated. I can get high score and decent RP (so first/second) by making 0 kills.

No I do not do as you do. So that’s your theory blown to bits isn’t it?

I’m sorry basic math is not making any sense to you, but it’s like that.

They do NOT give a TINY amount of RP. It’s just you not knowing how activity is calculated.

your stats cards says the opposite.

Because the only arguments brought up are “remove aircraft!1!!”?

It’s called mixed battles. It’s also know as combined arms. It’s GRB and GSB.

You have <5k matches

No you wrote something poorly and I have no idea what it means. Try again but breathe first.

They do give a tiny amount. Activity is not just kills and you can get high score and RP without the many kills if any.

You are factually wrong. Please check wikis and topics on RP gain. You should know this by now.

Stat card shows none of the information required. Please elaborate or back down.

GSB is great, but that’s on a set rotation… You might need 3-4 days to even get a good heli.

Bring back heli PvP??

1 Like

No wonder game is so bad with long term players and no idea how progress works…

Looks towards topics of “why am I not getting great RP? I got the most kills”.

🤣

1 Like