Why are so many people against the new APHE rework TEST?

I like the idea of community votes. But not everything should be a vote.

7 Likes

I mean you could reach more ppl if everybidy sees the polls when getting into the game. Many ppl just play the game and are not that active on news and all that.

2 Likes

Nothing is more permanent than a temporary solution.

2 Likes

I mean the new post pen damage of APHE is getting into the game. Doesn’t matter if someone is against it or not.

It’s not really an issue of sample size. Heck, with more technical/design elements like this it’s often not helpful to have a larger group voting, as the larger a group the less educated/informed on the given topic that group will be.

Core game design elements are not somewhere direct democracy is appropriate.

3 Likes

Well… at times it tends to be a “knee jerk” reaction… wee see that all the time… there had been some confusion about it being a Test and not a planned roll out sorta situation… and, many may not change their vote… if it can even be changed in the first place… I have not checked my self…

Poll results however, will not be the only contributing factor towards consideration of tests… Feedback will also be taken into consideration

And even if it stays around 52% - 55% sorta range, it is still a good indication that most will be interested in testing anyway

So, just my opinion… or things to take into consideration but, its how Staff viewed the polls in the past

7 Likes

Gaijin should ignore that poll’s end result andgo with the test

But why you make a poll just to ignore the ppls opinion. As @Pacifica said if its stay between 52%-500% they will see that many ppl are interrested

1 Like

XD 500% is crazy

1 Like

I mean 55%

lol :P

1 Like

Ilovedemocracy

7 Likes

I have more faith in those designing the game than I do in the community, in terms of critical thinking and understanding the context of data rather than just raw data. If they handle it as you suggest, it’s less worrying.

I do still feel the devs have been a bit… optimistic about polling this community. There does seem to be an awareness of this, given the better-phrased poll options, but even that sort of assumes those voting will be doing so with both proper understanding and in good faith. As as always, many aren’t.

I highly disagree. I don’t believe that they should have done a poll for this, but ignoring the poll is a really bad idea.

1 Like

Most people are too stupid to understand what theyre voting for.

2 Likes

Yeah, fair, there are definitely some topics where it makes sense, especially for non-binding “gauging feels” sorts of questions.

But actual gameplay mechanic changes, not so much. (Most) people will always vote for either what seems to benefit their specific playstyle / corner of the game the most, or will vote for the status quo because it’s comfy and familiar.

There are a lot of changes/improvements we could see added (like many that have been added) which would probably get a “No” vote… but if they were simply dropped into the game would simply cause some confusion/drama/silliness for about a week, and then nothing because everyone would be used to them.

2 Likes

Yeah thats the point small shells are going to have some more issues and you need to aim better now.

yeah, I know what you mean… Staff are smart in these sorta situations, so do not worry too much

The thing with Polls, is that its always used as a indicator type thing… Staff knows that some may vote just to Troll or hurt the community, or try to organize groups to rig them too for either good or bad intentions, but when you have up to millions voting… you cant really rig that or take advantage of it…

Take note of the “Yes, I preliminarily approve, I’ll make a final decision after testing”

That also means Feedback will continue to be taken into consideration after testing, so Staff will also compare Pre-voting feedback and Post-voting feedback, into consideration as well

I am not really official Staff obviously… so, do not know exactly how things work, but it is what I have observed in the past

So, do not worry too much, Staff are pretty smart!

2 Likes

You can also find comment by Stona on the issue here Poll security + usefulness - #3 by Stona_WT

2 Likes