Following the Roadmap: Voting to Test our Proposed APHE Shell Changes

Previously when they didn’t have fuses they just exploded on contact with armor. Meaning they exploded before even penetrating, and were incapable of dealing any damage to fully enclosed armored vehicles.

They’ve been changed now though. They have a fuse sensitivity and delay.

But didn’t they also explode on contact with anything? And I think that’s still the case.

It’s not the case anymore. The change was relatively recent.

But yes, they exploded on contact with anything. Including armor that they were meant to penetrate, but exploded before they had the chance to.

I am curious, can you share some more details on this?

While you’re here, is there any way to change your vote?

If there isn’t, why is the voting open right away, and why isn’t there any discussion period before?

There is a locked thread where some forum mods were talking about how they believe the developers will treat the vote. I just stated what I believe was what they said but I will link the thread if you want to check it out.

As he said, it’s his personal opinion on this

So, just my opinion…

Still, thanks for sharing :)

More on topic - voting is opened for few more days, so first, lets wait for the final results.

Sadly there is no such option.

1 Like

Wt claims to be the most realistic tank -boat-poane game, doesnt mean they are, and all what you said just supports the fact that yes wt =/ life so you dont Always need to do all because it happened irl. It’s a game afterall, and “no” voters Can also vote no because they would rather gaijin to not spend Time on this feature (at the moment ?)

What a desire to argue unnecessarily…
If you don’t agree with me, that’s fine with me. But stop touching morals and looking for conflict, for that go to twitter and discuss.

1 Like

On the topic of AP projectile fuzes: they seem to generally function with about 0.01s delay after they are initiated e.g. impacted the armour.

This is a considerable time delay.

For example, if the residual velocity of the shell is more than 300m/s, it will cross 3m distance before exploding. Which can lead to it flying into the engine compartment or even perforating the other side of the vehicle and exiting it before exploding.

In other words: how they currently work (detonating after crossing a set distance) is unrealistic.

WT is the most realistic combined arms multiplayer game in terms of vehicle simulation. Other games have better simulation in planes or tanks, but not both.

When it comes to vehicle and ammunition effectiveness, they do need to be as close as possible. This is one of the main selling points of War Thunder, and there have been many extremely active official forum posts because of issues related to vehicle realism.

Re-read the original post. They are still re-working APHE.

This is in relation to the spalling generated by the round penetrating a tank:

The following is the only thing that your vote will effect:

By voting no, you are voting for a buffed APHE shell and not even giving the possibility to have it’s fragmentation field re-worked to be even slightly more fair. For a feature they are already working on and will be changing anyways.

6 Likes

Damn i should have played bingo

• you readed 1/2 words
  • then replied with arguments that have no link with what im saying
  • you finish on a perfect sentence as if i was judging for voting no
    When i say ppl would gaijin to focus on other features than working on this, i was not reffering to the first part of the article because we Can not decide if gaijin should keep it or no, but actually to the feature we can vote, and i keep saying what i wrote, if you Say no, you can mean that you would rather gaijin not to focus on this test that they say will be long to set up, because you prefer them to work on other features than this rework.
    At least the part for the accuracy doesnt make me look like i did a crime

If they do go through with the test they should make it so only people who played on the test server can vote

3 Likes

The event wouldnt be on live server ?

They would do a test server, like how they release updates

Then all console players will be out of the match, i thought they would do it like they did with infantry, boat, sub and else

No. It would be tested on a live server, read what they’ve said

Please provide examples of what I missed.

Please provide examples/elaborate to aid my understanding.

This vote is only for testing fragmentation fields. I believe these should be re-worked now, while Gaijin is already focused on APHE, because we don’t know the next time this issue will be revisited. I would be interested to hear if you have any other issues that you believe Gaijin should focus on instead, though.

1 Like

It’s ok, console players als ways get shafted but the YouTube videos of the dev server are cool enough ig. Not for voting on it though.

Neither of us are right, it’s an event. Not live or dev server.

I still stand by my point, if they don’t play the event using APHE, they shouldn’t be allowed to vote.

5 Likes