Why are MiG-23s stealth in this game?

I’m not insulting you. Since you are doing BVR engagements you cant really tell if the enemy is notching unless it completely disappears in your radar. Frontally most planes(planes with large inlets are exception) have lower radar cross section maybe that’s causing the issue here.

Again, i already wrote that ive had this happen with planes that are 20km from me. I can basically see him as a dot at that point. And i know what it looks like when someone notches. You see them slowly start having a slower closure rate and then completely disappear without appearing again until they go hot. When i try to lock 23s i get a lock, then lose it, then get it, then lose it again and all of that happens in 0.5 second intervals. Its like im using a basic radar and the enemy is spamming chaff.

Also what the fuck is this? “Frontally most planes(planes with large inlets are exception) have lower radar cross section”. If its going mach 1 towards me i should DEFINITELY not lose lock on a doppler radar because he is COMING towards me with his FRONT directly pointed at me. We are talking about dopplers here, nobody is talking about basic radars.

No radar can detect a target(till a certain distance) if it has low radar cross section. That’s how stealth jets work and it’s not limited to stealth jets. I’m not sure if rcs is modelled in game.

From testing ive done woth friends, MiG-29G can detect F-16C at around 43km, at the same time i got detected at 50km, so RCS probably is modeled for each plane uniquely.

1 Like

MiG-23 has had some strange interactions with RCS when the wings are swept and unswept from a long time ago, perhaps it’s returned?

I haven’t really played the F-14B or F-4J recently, so can’t comment on those not working. But the Mirage 2000-5F, F-16AJ and F-15J all seem to lock, track and direct SARH just fine for me.

1 Like

I know that the F14 has pretty big notch angles, but other than that idk.

It use to be really prominant. could always tell I was facing a Mig-23MLD in ARB when flying the Phantom FGR2 because everything else I would get an easy lock, but the Mig-23MLD could never be locked.

Though I thought that was fixed, but not entirely surprised it still appears

1 Like