When is Gaijin going to model the MIM-104 Patriot?

Believe it or not thermals doesn’t look through that heavy cloud cover either. You also can’t lock any of your guided munitions through it, which means having really heavy direct attack rockets is the better choice when you have a 3KM engagement window.

The difference between being in SPAA range / not in SPAA range.

Also, while the ability to intercept guided munitions is a nice change the limited amount of ammo given to top tier SPAAs and the inability to rearm from a safe position makes it rather irrelevant to the battle overall when aircraft can freely return and rearm in ~15 seconds.

1 Like

@vKALiBUR
Well, keep calling Americans and WT critics bots if you want.
We’ll keep critiquing War Thunder to progress its continual improvement.

this. Latest roadmap update did say they were bringing new zones for SPAA to replenish. I just hope that it isn’t marked on the map ie normal spawns rn

I’m a critic too. Negative in this case.

I have posted this in other chats this is my great idea (Numbers can be changed.)
ALSO! They need to make tank maps a little bigger for the tanks too.

2 Likes

For fixed-wing aircrafts this strategy isn’t efficient. Rearming, climbing and targeting is going to take you at least 4-5 minutes for each run, most top tier games barely last 15 minutes.

However, you can pull this with a F&F helicopter like the AH-60 (ISR). Funny enough, helicopters ATGMs are harder to intercept.

modest CAS? can any american spaa ingame take it down or only receive any kind of warning or even detect it? A BIG NO, calling it “modest” while f16C get shot down like flies nowadays.

I’m still gonna give my opinion out before continuing with my life

No SPAA in War Thunder can kill ~20 CAS platforms in War Thunder, nearly all of which are NATO.
Welcome to CAS is OP.

Not really if you look at things objectively.

MBTs? No. Strv 122, Leopard 2A7V, Type 10 and Abrams SEP V1 (postreload buff) are better than any top tier russian MBT (T-90M/T-80BVM).

Best helicopters? Ka-52/Mi-28NM are versatile, indeed, but F&F helicopters perform better on non-urban maps and have way easier time dealing with SPAAs; even the mighty Pantsir dies if you fire enough PARS/Spikes at it.

Best SPAA? Agree.

Best ATGMs? They are tied with the chinese from a ground vehicles perspective. Talking about helicopters, Spikes are stronger if you can spam them (map dependent).

Best missiles? AIM-9/AIM-7 overperforms their russian counterparts at any BR, with the exception of 11.3-12.7 were R-24s and R-27ER exists.

Best CAS? Lmao. A subsonic striker at top tier is never going to be the best CAS in-game; not even with hypersonic missiles.

2 Likes

Excluding the F-20 bit because i don’t play Air as much as i play Ground:

1. Russia has the most modern round in their arsenal (3BM60, there’s also the 3BM59 but it varies slightly). Compared that to the fact that their top MBTs are very recent (between 2016 and 2020),and the fact that other nations have the same combo (just like Germany and Sweden huh),and you’ll notice that there’s a big discrepancy between tank age and shells in their arsenal for many nations (including USA) ;

2. Even there,same point. I refuse to believe that the AH-64D,a modern helicopter, can’t fire a missile that was used by it for a brief period of time,at least;

3. This topic is hella contested,the only confirmed source that everyone can agree on is the fact that the crew sports a flak vest,so even if there are no definite proofs that the Abrams has a spall liner (highly doubt it considering the philosophy behind that tank and the fact that the latest Pattons had it),they could still add a flak vest to reduce the spalling damage to the crew

That presuposes a player unit not a fixed AI one.

Date of introduction isn’t relevant (in the way you suggest) when talking about technology. China before the 2000s, a classic example, produced a lot of military junk that was just outdated by the time of his introduction (Ex. ZTZ69, ZTZ88, ZBD86).

3BM60 falls under the same category; there nothing modern in it. No anti-ERA tip, no low vulnerability propellant (that would save the crews from autoloader shots) and also not long enough/faster to deal with modern NATO armor.

It’s a 90s shell on pair with DM43, M322 and M829A1.

Active radar guided ATGMs are too busted to be added currently, unless Gaijin nerf the guidance or numbers (8 or less)

1 Like

how are ARH agms busted but a FnF IR agm isn’t???
they are both FnF XD is it because RU doesn’t have a similar arh agm? lol

Better guidance (ARH vs. IR), speed (180m/s vs. ~450m/s) and warhead (4kg HEAT vs. ~9kg HEAT).

1 Like

they’re both interceptable so I don’t see the problem 🤷‍♂️

1 Like

you can also intercept a missile at any velocity

Hellfires follow weird trajectories and F&F missiles can be spammed if the weather allows it. You can intercept them, yes, but also can overwhelm any SPAA in-game by firing enough of them from short range (~3.5km).

Until Gaijin adds the Brimstone, no fixed-wing aircraft can spam AGMs at ground targets.

1 Like

the hellfire’s trajectory is ballistic so it’s still predictable, and the saclos spaa in game are more than cabable of manouvering to intercept. however like you said the system would be overwhelmed.