When is Gaijin going to model the MIM-104 Patriot?

It is
Things like shells,engine and protection are all dependent on the year they were developed and issued. You picked China as an example,but it’s basically cherrypicking,let me do a list for you:

Abrams:between 1980 (M1) and the mid 90s (SEP V1) it received a new gun,new rounds,new FCS,CITV,new thermals,new armor (more Chobham+DU inserts in the turret) and more,all of this in just a decade

Leopard 2: between the Leo 2A4 and the 2A6 it received new armor,new shells,longer gun,new thermals,new FCS

T72: between the T-72A ant the T-72B3 there’s literally an abyss of new things,from the armor to the shells to the sensors to the introduction of more potent ERA

T80: even here,more rounds,better ERA, better FCS,better thermals,the list is long

Challenger 2: bigger engine,add-on armor,new shells,new gun (Challenger 3),new thermals and FCS

Type 90/Type 10: completely 2 new tanks,with the only thing in common being the gun and the autoloader. The Type 10 is better in every regard compared to the Type 90,even weight

Strv121/122: just like the Leo 2A4/2A6 but on steroids and without the longer gun

Merkava: the only thing that stayed the same between the Mk 1 and the Mk. 4M was the hull,and even on that there were several differences.

Even China had a form of technological advance,passing from a mostly Soviet doctrine (Type 59 and Type 69) to a mixed doctrine (ZTZ88) to an independent doctrine (ZTZ96/96A and the later ZTZ99)

So yeah,your example is completely wrong

Obviously,the american gimmick must be nerfed because it is obviously too strong but God forbid that russian aircrafts gets the Kh-38 and the Kh-29T that are outright illegal
“B-but you can carry a few of them” and?

Plus,you stated it above: missiles can be intercepted,so why bother at an ARH missile. They spam several missiles at you? Hide

1 Like

Well, one solution is to add in Brimstone missiles. They’ve been in service with the RAF since 2005 and have an air-launched range of over 20km versus armoured vehicles.

One solution is to add AGM-114Ls but I’ve been told this would be game breaking as it’s too unbalanced.

1 Like

Counterpoint:
R-27ER

Which plane was this on when the F-14 was added?

My point is that there are still are issues in regards to balance to complain about.

I play Russia myself, and having such a blatantly cracked missile is just not fair lmao

I can dodge air to air missiles using the ground chaff flares notching cranking. This is counterplay.

I can’t dodge a air to ground missile as an MBT, there’s not counterplay. As an SPAA, I can’t even target the vehicle launching the missile now.

And that’s not right, balancing needs to be looked at.

AGM-65B has 12km seeker range.

dune-dune-part-2

1 Like

They could add the modernized design Boeing unveiled in 2017 that could carry AIM-9X and/or the Longbow Hellfire. Tbh, assuming it is added when 12.0-12.3 is a thing, if they limit it to being stuck with only 3x AIM-9X’s and 3x Longbows it might not be super unbalanced (having a better chance of killing for no real range increase).

And if Gaijin gets rid of their Anti-US no trailer rule, we could see trailer drawn NASAMS systems.

Last time you said that and I asked you to provide proof, you showed me a video where I counted 2.25x more USSR CAS than US CAS, and 1.8x more USSR CAS than NATO CAS, but ok.

That’s impossible since USSR only recently got to 4 top CAS platforms while USA alone has 5 top CAS platforms. And only 2 of the Soviet’s are supersonic, only one of which is good.
And if I start going lower in BRs I quickly get 13 USA CAS from USA in rank 7 and 8.
USSR jumps from 4 to 6.
Adding rank 6, USSR jumps from 6 to 10.
USA jumps from 13 to 17 CAS.

As for the twenty top CAS platforms in War Thunder:
F-14B, F-16C, F-16D, Gripen, Gripen, Gripen, Tornado, Tornado, Tornado, Mirage 2000-5F, Mirage 2000DR1, JH-7A,

Less effective than those but still effective: MIrage 4000, Kurnass 2000, Mig-27K, AV-8B, Harrier GR7, Su-25SM3.

18 platforms, around 20 not quite 20 but around twenty OP CAS.

I’d personally put the Su-25SM3 in the higher performance category, at least if you’re talking about lethality to exclusively ground targets. It’s armed with some pretty damn good missiles which outrange a large portion of SPAA units. Maybe that’s just me though.

2 Likes

It being subsonic leads it to rely on those missiles as its only means of CAS.
With the Harriers you can still GBU due to the higher top speed.
Both are about equal in my eyes.

Fair enough then