When are you going to increase the number of bases

Everything is in the title.

Very most of the time, in ARB, they are far not enough base for the numbers of bombers (especially BR 10-11).

Increase. The. Number. Of. Bases.

6 Likes

The problem there is too many base bombing players, not that there’s not enough bases.

6 Likes

Even in BR 8 which there are real bombers the 4 bases seems not enough sometimes. Especially when there are 4 bombers, some Saab 105 and tons of American F84Fs.

In this BR, removing some attackers’ airspawn may be a fix (for real bombers) if they don’t want to add more bases. However a ridiculous thing about F84F is that they only removed its air spawn for non-USA ones because those have become tier VI vehicles while the USA one remains tier V :(

Better yet, remove the bases, and the dead weight bombers from my team!

4 Likes

well, when so many players like to bomb bases, a gamedev should ask his self, wouldnt be a mode were people can play their bombers better, be nice?

1 Like

thats the egoist comment i knew would come in the war thunder comunity. “me” “me” “me”

2 Likes

There is one, its called SIM.

sim is niche and almost not played because almost noone like it. Coming now with exactly this mode as a solution is quite funny and a bit lazy. People like arcade and realistic modes. So why not bringing something like enduring confrontation for bombers, or a pve mode similar?

I agree completely, but the learning curve for SIm is not for everyone.

What is needed is an EC RB gamemode. Sim but for RB players. That would work great.

As for the post itself. Increasing the number of bases would change nothing. The slow strike aircraft would still get nothing and the fast aircraft would just get buffs. Only real option might be to add a “strikecraft only” target or make the enemy airfield a target or something, just so that there is always something to drop some bombs onto .

So you want to delete half the aircraft from the game?

In lower BRs maybe, but in higher BRs they can fight once the bomb load is emptied. something like the Su-17/22 carries a lot of flares/chaff, has 6 all aspect missiles (which is on par and even more than some fighters can carry at that BR range) and has variable swept wings which helps it in dog fights.

9/10 times, it is a premium phantom or similar with no idea what he is doing, and will just die because he “just wants to grind”

1 Like

The other problem is ignorant people bringing more bombs than enough to kill a single base, taking multiple, and not realizing that they get half the reward per base when bringing more bombs.

IE take 8 500kg bombs and kill 2 bases and you get ~550 score
take 4 500k bombs and kill 1 base and you get… ~550 score.

And that also applies to RP/SL rewards.

And ya even bringing rockets to kill ground targets instead of bombs will also eat a bit into your base reward.