What is coming first? The F-14D with AIM-120’s or the F/A-18A with AIM-7M’s?

It was successful just phased out I don’t see how ppl get that confuse it was possible for it to get the upgrade just to expensive compared to the f18. We should have gotten f14D this update cause it was one of the test bed of the 120s until they cut it off from the f14.
Also “AN/AWG-9: This long-range air-to-air radar uses an analog computer and can guide multiple AIM-54 Phoenix or AIM-120 AMRAAM missiles simultaneously. The F-14’s size is partly due to the need to carry this large radar.
AN/APG-71: This upgraded version of the AWG-9 uses a digital computer.”

F-18 IMO, it’s more needed rn, and more widespread, being in the US, SWE(FIN), DEU(SWISS), and UK(AUS).

Gaijin will always take the CP answer over “Original” (if you can call another tomcat, almost identical in every aspect other than capability and internals Not CP) because it’s easier.

2 Likes

Why does Gaijin choose original vehicles over copy-paste then?

I meant the F-18 can be C&P’d more than the F-14D because of how many tree’s it will be in (possibly)

1 Like

I never said it wasn’t successful. F14d would have absolutely been equipped with aim120 if it had remained in service, but it didn’t. It was a one off prototype and as such f14d with aim120 should be an event vehicle, perhaps even with a f14d with aim9m and aim54c in the tt.

1 Like

I thought F-14D was not capable of using AMRAAMs? The test one with test AMRAAMs in the 90’s was an F-14A iirc.

Also knowing gaijin they’re gonna give america the f/a-18a at the same time they give everyone else the f/a-18c. its just how it is.

ESA radars wont change anything since ALL WT radars is just placeholder UI.
It have nothing with real radars and how it works.

1 Like

We already have FOX-3. What the point to add new plane without new missiles?

1 Like

Coming to winter major update ? impossible

I guess F-15C with AN/APG-63(V)3 AESA would be 13.7 BR and after F-15C MSIP II. But you wait 2 or 3 years

AIM-7MH for USAF F-16C Block 25, F-16C Block 30/32, F-15C MSIP II and F-15E in early 2000’s

I mean they can just keep it in the US tree. There’s literally nothing stopping them from doing that.

If you don’t have ARH you’re not going to be viable at 12.7+

Decompressed

What?

After BR decopression to like… idk 13.7

It would not be this low of a BR then.

yes, but other trees need it…

Not really. There’s also nothing stopping them from adding a bad competitor and just keeping a tree at a lower top BR than some others but the top tier stuff is more balanced.

USA main, i personally dont care much but make sure if you make noise for the F-14D to come with Aim-120s, make noise for it to get the Aim-95 AGLIE as well.
trust me. youll be grateful

Might not have IRCCM but it would be fun with it’s fast acceleration and high g pull

read that it has FOV IRCCM like R-73. basically a more pulling R-73 lol

1 Like