What is coming first? The F-14D with AIM-120’s or the F/A-18A with AIM-7M’s?

No. Bad take

12.3 with 9m, APG 71 and late sparrows + pheonix

1 Like

or 12.7/13.0 if Gaijin fixed AIM-54s and pull 24/25Gs?

With is it may I ask?

Phoenix wouldn’t be very good even with the extra g, and since it’s a fix the BR of tomcats probably wouldn’t changey

Maybe they will add the advanced eagles to US, along with the USAF later upgrades of 15C

The advanced eagles should go to the U.S as well as other export vairants of fighters sent to another country besides the ones we have in game

I just don’t understand why they are adding advanced airforce aircraft and are neglecting the navy, the navy operates lots of advanced aircraft and yet no matter what I just can’t see any progression in the near future where the navy gets something at 13.0, they should have added the f18a with the f15a so that they could actually do equal progression

It did use aim120 and the apg71 radar was successful but at testing when they got the bill they where like uhh yeah no.

exactly, it was a prototype.

Which is far more real than the Yak-41 ever got, and equivalent to the SRAAMs on the Harrier Gr.1 and Hunter F.6, or SARHs on half of the top tier jets prior to this patch

1 Like

It just seems cheesy to give super tomcat a missile it never did get irl. It’d fit better at 12.3 with aim9m and aim54c imo.

It’s 6 and 2 or 2 and 4, not 6 and 4. With AIM-7M I’d place it at 12.3, this would be my ideal version as it’s also the armament of the CF-18 (or less interesting IMO AF-18) for Britain. Alternatively, AIM-7P-II with datalink would make for an effective 12.7 aircraft.

Nah they should put it foldered under f14b and at 12.0 since it would be like a time investment to get it, and it’s not a great dogfighter so the 9m would be fine. Aim 7m and aim 54c aren’t that good either, 9L stock, then aim7 modification, then aim 54c then 9m

Yeah 12.3 would be great but if we get decompression to 13.7 the F-15 can go to 12.7 aswell as the F/A-18

says the dude who have never played F-14 smh

Bro it’s common knowledge the aim 54 isn’t an agile missile

Ask that for IRIAF.

It is still not good as AMRAAMs but, If it can pull 24-25Gs, it will be horrible.

Honestly, the issue is braindead premium players, not the F-14 or it’s missiles.

Also, it’s better to learn to defend against fox 3 with the Phoenix vs. an amraam or mica em

That’s how current AIM-54 is.

If both AIM-54s received 24-25G load buffs and the AIM-54C gets low smoke motor, F-14s could fight equally well against the other ARH missile carriers, etc., just from a BVR perspective.

1 Like